Price Drop Question

ibcnusoon

We are booked early saver, before final payment. One of the cabins I have is an 8A, which is sold out. I just saw a price drop of an 8B for $10 less than I paid for the 8A.

How can I submit the price protection claim for to get $10 price drop but NOT upgrade to an 8B?

I think you submit the price drop form and put no upgrade in the comments box?

You may get upgraded though and away from the other cabin so is it worth the effort or chance for $10.

Den

It's worth the effort, not worth the possibility of being moved to an 8B.

It's worth the effort, not worth the possibility of being moved to an 8B.

Yes sorry I meant the effort it would take to try and reverse your cabin if Carnival chose to upgrade when you dont want an upgrade.

Den

Some people say that they have been able to get the price drop and remain in their cabin. We were denied until we accepted the upgrade and then got the OBC. Maybe Carnival is becoming more strict on this.

Ok I just called Carnival. Policy is that if the catagory you are in is sold out, you cannot get the price drop but you can upgrade. I don't want to upgrade, this 8A is a premium cabin and the 8B is just a regular balcony. So, we didn't get any price drops on this cabin but I received $120 worth of credit on 2 other cabins (9C and 8M).

I guess I could just monitor the catagories and hope that someone else who has an 8A upgrades, thus making the 8A's available again. Then I can get my price drop. :p

Archived