Are there any discounts available for Godwin Dog Sledding?

ellruss

I just talked to Pat from Godwin and yes they do have a discount for children under 12 this year.$345 vs adults $390 ...She said they are booking up fast with many days already full so if your interested to book now. It will be a highlight of your daughters trip.Mine does it every year and loves it!:)

GlacierLady:

I am so glad to hear you say Godwin Dog Sledding is wonderful! We are booked with them for June 19th. I have 2 granddaughters in our group of 7. They are age 8 and 12. I believe this will be one of the highlights for them also.

We are counting down the days!

Bamagirl

I have a question: since the heli-dogsledding is so expensive, how early in the year do you have to get to Alaska to do dogsledding on snow WITHOUT the helicopter? If you cruise in May, is there some place alone the Inside Passage or Seward-Denali stretch that will do it?

I have a question: since the heli-dogsledding is so expensive, how early in the year do you have to get to Alaska to do dogsledding on snow WITHOUT the helicopter? If you cruise in May, is there some place alone the Inside Passage or Seward-Denali stretch that will do it?

Nope- you have to travel in the winter, by end of April no dog sledding. I had a big problem last year trying to find dog sledding end of March around Anchorage, already over. Ended up just south of Talkeetna. I had dog sledding out of Fairbanks a few days before on a day trip, and weather was very nice with no "arctic gear" needed.

You'll find snow only in high elevations in May.Some winters we get barely, if any snow.The Iditarod dogsled race starts the 1st saturday in March,in Anchorage and many/most years snow has to be trucked in for the start.A couple years ago there wasn't any snow at all so they moved the start to Fairbanks.

In Seward we also have Ididaride which is on wheels so no helicopter,but no comparision in experince either.

Bamagirl:

They will love the it!! But please keep in mind it is cancelled alot due to bad weather so a backup plan would be a good idea.The Sealife center is very educational if not planned already.

The weather has been great and I have my fingers crossed that we will have a nice sunny summer. :)

Glacier Lady:

I am going to think positive and plan for pretty weather for our helicopter/dog sled trip. Sure hope it works out good for us. If not, we are the kind that will do other things. We like to see and do all we can. The Sealife Center has already been discussed and will be an option. We really plan on doing both!

Thanks for the info.

Bamagirl

Archived