Latitudes and Points?

Pokeraddict

We lost our points when we added a promotion, but my sister did not. We had not expected to lose the extra points since I asked specifically was told I would not. After the cruise, my sister cabin was the only one to get the extra 9 months points even though we made the same changes. NCL said the mistake was that my sister cabin received the points. I sent an email complaint via the website and never heard back. Lesson learned I guess is to confirm you have the proper code on your reservation regardless of what you've been told if you want to be sure you are keeping your points. Actually, now that I wrote all this, I'm not sure what points we lost. We were expecting 21 points for 9 months out with a latitude inside offer on out 7 day cruise, but only got 14.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We lost our points when we added a promotion, but my sister did not. We had not expected to lose the extra points since I asked specifically was told I would not. After the cruise, my sister cabin was the only one to get the extra 9 months points even though we made the same changes. NCL said the mistake was that my sister cabin received the points. I sent an email complaint via the website and never heard back. Lesson learned I guess is to confirm you have the proper code on your reservation regardless of what you've been told if you want to be sure you are keeping your points. Actually, now that I wrote all this, I'm not sure what points we lost. We were expecting 21 points for 9 months out with a latitude inside offer on out 7 day cruise, but only got 14.

For certain changes, I would tell my PCC that I didn't want to make the change if it would cause me to lose certain other things. Sometimes she found ways to "make things happen". I think some are more experienced than others and know how to work the system. I also wonder if sometimes PCCs are given some latitude to make repeat customers happy.

We just got back from our first cruise, booked with CAS, and joined latitudes. Because we booked 9 months out, we got 14 points each for a 7 day cruise, which is great, for a balcony room. We fell in love with the Epic, and are cruising again on the same ship, same itinerary in almost exactly 1 year from original sailing so we'll each get 14 more points.

Here's my question, (I know you good folks have more experience with this stuff): We are a gay couple, same address etc, different surnames, different latitudes numbers. I assume we'll both be eligible for whatever perks our level allows? Such as when we get to the level that offers a free bottle, we'll each get one, and a free dinner for 2, we'll each get one, giving us each a free dinner for two, netting us 2 free dinners for two on each cruise? Both of us are showing 14 points each in our latitudes accounts, each of which have different latitudes numbers.

I also noted that once you hit platinum I think, the laundry service is complimentary, which I really like. We got a deal at $24.95 for a full bag of laundry one day - the steward was really cool, told us about the deal the day before when we wanted laundry done and said to stuff the hell out of the bag.

Thanks for your forthcoming answers and any other advice you may offer. I do appreciate it!

Each platinum member gets a voucher for the free dinner for two. So you and your partner will each get a voucher.

Be aware that the laundry perk is not that laundry service is complimentary. The laundry perk is one free bag special per cruise. Since there are two of you who are platinum you will be able to have two of the bag specials.

For certain changes, I would tell my PCC that I didn't want to make the change if it would cause me to lose certain other things. Sometimes she found ways to "make things happen". I think some are more experienced than others and know how to work the system. I also wonder if sometimes PCCs are given some latitude to make repeat customers happy.

This is exactly what we did with my TA. We did not make some changes because she told us we would lose points. So each change this was discussed. So that is why it was disappointing when we did not get all the points. But obviously it was possible to do since my sister's cabin did get them. ( so 1 out of 3 cabins got the 21 points and we each made the same changes.) This was out May 2014 cruise - wonder if I should try again to get them. This other thread I read today on this subject was the first one I saw were someone was able to get points credited after the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 20YearsBetweenCruises

Be aware that the laundry perk is not that laundry service is complimentary. The laundry perk is one free bag special per cruise. Since there are two of you who are platinum you will be able to have two of the bag specials.

Just write Platinum in large letters on the bag and on the laundry slip - you are not restricted to the laundry special days (probably best to avoid them actually) - at least we have not been restricted on what days we used the perk.

Edited by SteveH2508