A1 hump with noise or quiet A2?

cpgrneyes

I'm currently booked in a great A1 hump cabin, but my TA recommends a quieter A2 that isn't under the pool deck (1625).

The large balcony is appealing, but having noise from pool bands or scraping chairs every morning and afternoon isn't so much.

After looking at the cabin sticky, the opinions are really mixed.

Has anybody been in an A1 hump (ours is 1605) and an A2 that can compare? I realize it's a personal issue, and we have 4 sea days and one day cruising the sounds of New Zealand, so we'll be on board more than a port intensive Med trip.

I hate it when I overthink things!

Vie never been in a Celebrity cabin where the noise has been really loud. With it being a transatlantic you'll be wanting to relax and I'd go for the humped balcony over the risk of hearing a few scraping sun loungers

Hi

We were in 1605 cabin on the Eclipse last year, never had a problem with noise and loved the bigger balcony and cabin generally. I would say stick with 1605!

Vie never been in a Celebrity cabin where the noise has been really loud. With it being a transatlantic you'll be wanting to relax and I'd go for the humped balcony over the risk of hearing a few scraping sun loungers

I totally agree with your TA; just because it is higher, doesn't mean it is better. If noise could be a problem, do as she says. After all, isn't that why you have her?:) Go with your gut feeling; that always works best for me!!!!

I totally agree with your TA; just because it is higher, doesn't mean it is better. If noise could be a problem, do as she says. After all, isn't that why you have her?:) Go with your gut feeling; that always works best for me!!!!

Most TA's don't have a freakin clue. In fact, most likely when you call Celebrity, they don't either re: noise/location.

We sailed in 1625 on the Equinox in December of this year. We heard no noise from above ~ although there was an air noise (quite annoying) right over the bed and also on the veranda. If you are a light sleeper, it might bother you.

We sailed in 1625 on the Equinox in December of this year. We heard no noise from above ~ although there was an air noise (quite annoying) right over the bed and also on the veranda. If you are a light sleeper, it might bother you.

We're on Equinox in 1623 this coming November. Do you remember as you walked out onto your balcony, is the support beam coming down on the stateroom on the right side or the left side? One side the partition between balconies will open up where you can walk onto the next balcony, whereas the other side the partition will open up, but you have to step over the supprot angle to get to the other balcony.

Here's a picture of a different, larger balcony but shows the support bean. Which side was it on in 1625?

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=139&pid=4159#top_display_media

Just off Silho a week ago and was in #1603 below the pool area. Never had a problem and you will be down a deck or two from where we were. Sounds like you are keeping the cabin, good idea.

Booked a 1A Rear facing Hump on Deck Nine( 8285) for Eclipse in March 13 and really looking forward to it. Rooms really seem to be soundproofed very well, only real noise we heard was from the Hallway which is the case with all the cabins.

Not to worry, enjoy! Silhouette is wonderful!

Just off Silho a week ago and was in #1603 below the pool area. Never had a problem and you will be down a deck or two from where we were. Sounds like you are keeping the cabin, good idea.

Booked a 1A Rear facing Hump on Deck Nine( 8285) for Eclipse in March 13 and really looking forward to it. Rooms really seem to be soundproofed very well, only real noise we heard was from the Hallway which is the case with all the cabins.

Not to worry, enjoy! Silhouette is wonderful!

We were in a hump cabin on the Solstice but on a lower deck. We could hear the music coming up tfrom the Grand Foyer where they had parties until 12:15 AM. Made it difficult to sleep.

I'm currently booked in a great A1 hump cabin, but my TA recommends a quieter A2 that isn't under the pool deck (1625).

The large balcony is appealing, but having noise from pool bands or scraping chairs every morning and afternoon isn't so much.

After looking at the cabin sticky, the opinions are really mixed.

Has anybody been in an A1 hump (ours is 1605) and an A2 that can compare? I realize it's a personal issue, and we have 4 sea days and one day cruising the sounds of New Zealand, so we'll be on board more than a port intensive Med trip.

I hate it when I overthink things!

Cheryl/Rick

This is your neighbor across the deck in 1610. ;) (Solstice Jan 2014)

We've had experience occupying 1608 & 1610 before and I can say we never had a problem with the noise above the staterooms. (T.A. is receiving pass info.)

Stick with 1605. Best balcony (x S1 aft) on the deck, not to mention elevator convenience. :D

See you in 21 months. :eek:

Mike

Archived