No movie theatre on the Sapphire?

lucywestie

From reading and studying plans its looks like there is no small movie theatre on the Sapphire. I know they have MUTS, but do they possible show movies on a screen in the main theatre?

On Royal Caribbean on the Serenade they had a dedicated movie theatre that sat about 40 people.

Many thanks

Pete

Movies are shown on MUTS, in the Princess Theater (the big theater), and on your cabin television. (Not simultaneously. A movie that is on MUTS one day would be in the Theater on another day, and on your TV on yet another day. More or less.)

The Sapphire shows movies during the day in the Main Theater. It's a large screen and feels like an actual movie theater. Large screen and great sound system - we loved it! I really like the Radiance Class ships on RCI, but, comparing just seeing a movie on Sapphire or Radiance class, I would rather see a movie on the larger screen of Sapphire :D.

The Diamond Princess is the sister ship of the Sapphire.

I just remembered that I saw great movies, last fall, in the Explorers' Lounge, on the Diamond, including "Source Code". The picture and sound were wonderful.

Watch the Princess Patter, daily, for showtimes.

Enjoy!

Bon voyage!

We were on the Sapphire last Nov. and saw movies in the Princess Theater, and we thought it was fine, we personally don't care for the MUTS option, so the theater was a nice option, we also have been on Princess ships with dedicated theater and it was nice.

Cori

From what I've seen, if they're showing an R-rated movie or a PG-13 rated movie during the day (something that may not be appropriate to show on MUTS when there are likely to be children in the pool areas) it'll be in the Princess Theater.

Sapphire shows movies in Explorers but only once a day. We could never go because it conflicted with either dinner or something else.

I'm not a fan of MUTS. DS and DIL tried MUTS but it was too cold. They did like the popcorn. :)

Like Pam said, I much prefer HAL's dedicated theater.

Pat

Sapphire shows movies in Explorers but only once a day. We could never go because it conflicted with either dinner or something else.

I'm not a fan of MUTS. DS and DIL tried MUTS but it was too cold. They did like the popcorn. :)

Like Pam said, I much prefer HAL's dedicated theater.

Pat

Yes, that is right, About 10:15pm, in the Explorers Lounge. This is perfect for me. A good alternative to the evening shows in Princess Theater.

I like to watch the scenery in the daytime. I kind of like the multiple options for movies... MUTS, Princess Theater, Explorers Lounge, in room TV.

And yes, the dedicated movie theaters were nice, too.

Archived