first ever cruise . island escape

trap5

Well blow me down! Went out with some friends last night,,as we sat sipping Pimms my friend's husband said " just think, 2 weeks today we will be in Rome",,funny I thought,,so will we,,,they have booked the same cruise as us! Of course our husbands think we planned it all along but we really didn't! Thats just made it even more exciting for me ,,can't believe it really,,am still tittering about today! :):)

getting near that time 16 days , the thought of the drive to the airport dosn,t bother me only 2 mins away lol,just need to get someone to feed the old greyhound while am away .we are on deck 5/6 but dont know our cabin,dont think i will see much of it.

Well blow me down! Went out with some friends last night,,as we sat sipping Pimms my friend's husband said " just think, 2 weeks today we will be in Rome",,funny I thought,,so will we,,,they have booked the same cruise as us! Of course our husbands think we planned it all along but we really didn't! Thats just made it even more exciting for me ,,can't believe it really,,am still tittering about today! :):)

Blimey that's a coincidence....means you'll know at least a couple of people on board !!:)

We didn't know anybody on board to start with but got to know 5 of the nicest people ever :) also we met a couple who we have had the pleasure to meet over the last 7 years on the Island Escape this year apart from the last 2 years...and they thought my name was "Ken" :D until we told him..:eek: probably meeting up next year again...had to say me and the chap lead parallel lives.

Jen you don't have to explain girl..we understood ;) you just missed a good time that's all :p

Plus you missed the moment of the holiday when I got the waiters to sing to our dinner party...not knowing they were going to sing "Oh Carol"

Carol's face was a picture :D

Oooooohhhh,,2 more sleeps til I sail away :D:D

Been trying to pack all afternoon,,I hate packing. I've been buying stuff for ages in the sale,,a bit here and a bit there,,and now I have so much I can't decide what's going in the case and what's not!

I know the feeling!! and when we get there I wear the same few clothes the whole time and take a load home I never wore!!

It was really hot for our two weeks so I wore shorts the whole time (except for Tangier where I wore loose cropped trousers) with loose cotton tops during the day...I did dress up a bit for the evenings though!

You will be restricted a bit by the airline luggage allowance so don't overdo it or it'll cost you! :)

oh i wish i was in the land of sunshine

old rain will soon be forgotten look away look away look away rainy land

glory glory halleliuaa.......................... guess whos gettin excited?

:cool::cool::cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Well..ahoy shipmates,,sorry couldn't resist that! We got back yesterday from our fantastic trip. I couldn't fault that good old ship,,honestly,,we loved it. The whole trip was excellent, from the minute we checked in at the airport it was smooth and seamless. We had an outside cabin on deck 5 and a really lovely cabin steward Melwin who was an absolute sweetie and did indeed make animals from towels,,and my favourite was the monkey :D I loved it..my husband loved it,,we will be doing it again. The only thing that I didn't like was the rough seas we experienced on the first night out of Palma and then again from Corsica to Mahon. The sea was smashing against the ship and causing some serious bangs which did unsettle me a bit but now I know thats normal it's ok. The food was great, the staff were brilliant,the Captain was amusing with his twice daily addresses and I just loved the sailaways each day,,very civilised and funny how the times we sailed were always gin and tonic time!

Hi Cappers glad you enjoyed your cruise :).... where about on deck 5 was the cabin? We are doing Spirit of the Med next April and as we're a bit worried about rough seas we decided to go for a cabin midship (deck 6 o/side) It's only our second cruise the first was on Celebration two years ago.

Hi Cappers glad you enjoyed your cruise :).... where about on deck 5 was the cabin? We are doing Spirit of the Med next April and as we're a bit worried about rough seas we decided to go for a cabin midship (deck 6 o/side) It's only our second cruise the first was on Celebration two years ago.

We had 6550 on our recent trip and we were fine....never felt the choppy sea and slept really well....or you'll be fine. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks,,I haven't just cleared off after my cruise,,I've been in Spain for a couple of weeks,,got back yesterday. I need to start planning/thinking about my husband's 50th birthday and our 25th wedding anniversary next year now..it's going to be an expensive year!

I was wondering if any of you have been on any of the other Thomson ships and if so,,where? He will want something cultural and amazing with out of the ordinary ports of call,,any suggestions? It doesn't have to be a Thomson job,,but I don't want to be on a ship surrounded by posh folks in posh frocks that think they are something special!

Hello folks,,I haven't just cleared off after my cruise,,I've been in Spain for a couple of weeks,,got back yesterday. I need to start planning/thinking about my husband's 50th birthday and our 25th wedding anniversary next year now..it's going to be an expensive year!

I was wondering if any of you have been on any of the other Thomson ships and if so,,where? He will want something cultural and amazing with out of the ordinary ports of call,,any suggestions? It doesn't have to be a Thomson job,,but I don't want to be on a ship surrounded by posh folks in posh frocks that think they are something special!

Hi, what time of the year do you have in mind? Wondered whether Baltic Explorer (Thomson Spirit May 9th, 12 nights from Newcastle) would appeal to you....haven't done this one myself but I'd like to sometime as I'd love to see St Petersburg, (can't be next year though as we have I.E in April also a week in Spain in August lined up. I.E will be only our second cruise the first one was Thomson Celebration which is almost identical to Thomson Spirit.

Archived