Carnival bashers

msstarr22

Wow! I am so tired of the Carnival Cruise Bashers! I was behind on reading JH's blog and as usual I see the link slamming this cruise line and commending the way cruise critic groups are treated on other cruise lines. Like Coffee and Cookies are such a big deal! Well when I book Carnival I do it because it is a great line that is affordable. I don't expect extras hand delivered by the Captain of the ship because "DUH" I want him to sail it. I love to have fun and also to relax. What is the purpose of all of this? I cannot say how anger it makes me. I know this will open the doors for a lot of hate vibes but I feel as though if you want tons of freebies, it sounds like greed has totally taken over everywhere. I like getting a gift as much as the next person but I would happily sail Carnival and not expect anything more than the great time I have already paid for. And I will go home knowing that I have more in my bank because the cruise was what I could afford!

I have found that if someone's posts are 90% negative, I just ignore them. Love that feature. And I frankly would hate to live with someone like that in real life.:D

Wow! I am so tired of the Carnival Cruise Bashers! I was behind on reading JH's blog and as usual I see the link slamming this cruise line and commending the way cruise critic groups are treated on other cruise lines. Like Coffee and Cookies are such a big deal! Well when I book Carnival I do it because it is a great line that is affordable. I don't expect extras hand delivered by the Captain of the ship because "DUH" I want him to sail it. I love to have fun and also to relax. What is the purpose of all of this? I cannot say how anger it makes me. I know this will open the doors for a lot of hate vibes but I feel as though if you want tons of freebies, it sounds like greed has totally taken over everywhere. I like getting a gift as much as the next person but I would happily sail Carnival and not expect anything more than the great time I have already paid for. And I will go home knowing that I have more in my bank because the cruise was what I could afford!

Easy fix! Stop reading John Heald's page. ;);)

To me they come really close to trying and suppressing freedom of speech.:mad:

No one is trying to suppress freedom of speech thats laughable. Just live by that old adage"If you don't have anything nice to say,don't say anything at all". Then again , go ahead and complain(not you but others)about all the extra free stuff your not getting and come across as a complaining, whining baby. Doesn't matter to me at all.;)

No one is trying to suppress freedom of speech thats laughable. Just live by that old adage"If you don't have anything nice to say,don't say anything at all". Then again , go ahead and complain(not you but others)about all the extra free stuff your not getting and come across as a complaining, whining baby. Doesn't matter to me at all.;)

Excuse me??? I am not the one telling other what they can and can not post like the OP. So many on here only want too nice and positive things said about Carnival or cruising in general. Not ever cruise is perfect, not everyone has the same experience or expectation, and everyone will have a different opinion on every thing. You will never ever see me whine about trying to get anything for free. The entitlement mentality taking over this country is driving it over the cliff.

Excuse me??? I am not the one telling other what they can and can not post like the OP. So many on here only want too nice and positive things said about Carnival or cruising in general. Not ever cruise is perfect, not everyone has the same experience or expectation, and everyone will have a different opinion on every thing. You will never ever see me whine about trying to get anything for free. The entitlement mentality taking over this country is driving it over the cliff.

Amen and well said.

Wow! I am so tired of the Carnival Cruise Bashers! !

Just because somebody has less than a stellar opinion of Carnival doesn't mean they are a "basher". My gosh it's not like somebody farted at your wedding!

No cruiseline is perfect and one's opinion is dependent upon what one has come to expect for his cruising dollar. Some have "champagne" tastes, others have "Boones Farm".

Caveat emptor and chillax...

I have been around for a while and have posted alot. I wonder why anyone cares what anyone else is doing. I have cruised NCL, RCI and Carnival. I chose Carnival for the value, itinerary. The ships are amazing. As I said, we have cruised NCL and RCL. We love going to exotic places on an almost all-inclusive cruise ship at a very reasonable price. We are seniors and love the trivia, shows and the food. I still cook for family and am considered a great cook. So when I don't have to cook and have the opportunity to meet people, dining --and explore great ports, I just wonder what everyone is looking for in a cruise

crit·ic (krtk)

n.

1. One who forms and expresses judgments of the merits, faults, value, or truth of a matter.

"Whining baby" isn't even mentioned.

Perhaps a new site is needed? CruiseComplacent.com!

complacent - content, contented - satisfied or showing satisfaction with things as they are; "a contented smile

crit·ic (krtk)

n.

1. One who forms and expresses judgments of the merits, faults, value, or truth of a matter.

"whining baby" isn't even mentioned.

Perhaps a new site is needed? Cruisecomplacent.com!

Complacent - content, contented - satisfied or showing satisfaction with things as they are; "a contented smile

*** like ***

I have also never had a bad cruise. I have been on 4 Carnival and 1 Princess cruise. I have always had a good time on Carnival. Was it perfect? No, but pretty darn good either way. Carnival was WAY more fun than Princess. Next cruise we're planning on booking Royal Caribbean - have heard how great the Freedom class is and are wanting to try them and the Freedom of the Seas. We are also, however, keeping a Carnival cruise in mind as an alternative plan, and also have no problem sailing with Carnival again in the future - we're just wanting to "test the RCI waters." I don't understand such fierce brand loyalty among cruisers here, unless they are also shareholders. I would say to try every cruise line that you think you will like. I do like the size of Carnival's cabins - some of the decor is very elegant, and some is downright tacky, but I don't let that ruin my vacation. As long as I can be at sea and not working, vacation can't be that bad....:)

I'm not married to any cruiseline but find ourselves cruising Carnival the majority of the time. I've cruised Celebrity (enjoyed it) and want to give RCCL a try (I just like the interiors of their ships). I have no doubt I'll find the two lines or more alike than different. I do know Carnival's biggest assets are their employees. For a mass market line they are over the top...they truly are fantastic.

crit·ic (krtk)

n.

complacent - content, contented - satisfied or showing satisfaction with things as they are; "a contented smile

LOL

very true

I dont notice to many bashers. What I do notice on the Carnival board is when someone posts a not so great cruise on Carnival people on this board are very quick to denounce that review. If you have never been on another line, you have nothing to compare to so how is it people can jump all over someone else? Carnival pricing is not that great anymore and there are better deals on better lines. Staying with one line is such a bore....;)

Greed is one of the cornerstones on the Cruise Critic boards.

crit·ic (krtk)

n.

Oh, you mean terminal complainers.:)

Another cornerstone of the Cruise Critic boards.

So you are in the camp that only great things should be said about Carnival then.:confused:

I'm not in any camp.

My feeling is if you don't like Carnival then don't cruise with Carnival.

I've cruised with Carnival 14 times from 2005.

I like the Carnival product very much.

For example, I cruised with Celebrity and really did not enjoy it all that much (too many dress code and everybody went to bed about 10PM). As a result I will probably not cruise with them again. But I did not feel the need to share that all over the Cruise Critic boards.

Many of the things that endlessly bother people on the boards do not really bother me at all.

I know it's hard for many of you to believe but most of the things people complain about on Cruise Critic is really not that big a deal.

Maybe all you folks who think its not ok to ever post a complaint need to look at yourselves instead of pointing fingers?

Why are YOU so defensive that you cant stand to ever read something negative. Its like you own the line and are mentally invested in keeping Carnival's image clean. Is it because you feel defensive that you think others lines are too expensive so you have to defend your choice to the death??

think about it .. this is a thread to bash people who you dont like what they said and/or to call them names like oh they are just chronic complainers .. i.e. can't possible be a valid complaint. I know I have seen the flamers here if anyone dares to complain about Carnival.

I'm not in any camp.

My feeling is if you don't like Carnival then don't cruise with Carnival.

I've cruised with Carnival 14 times from 2005.

I like the Carnival product very much.

For example, I cruised with Celebrity and really did not enjoy it all that much (too many dress code and everybody went to bed about 10PM). As a result I will probably not cruise with them again. But I did not feel the need to share that all over the Cruise Critic boards.

Many of the things that endlessly bother people on the boards do not really bother me at all.

I know it's hard for many of you to believe but most of the things people complain about on Cruise Critic is really not that big a deal.

What might not be a issue to you might be an issue to others. Who are you to say what is and what is not an issue that is of importance to others?? You need to remove your rose colored glasses.

What might not be a issue to you might be an issue to others. Who are you to say what is and what is not an issue that is of importance to others?? You need to remove your rose colored glasses.

I think it's a good think that all the terminal complainers have a home here on Cruise Critic.

Your probably right.

I do make sure to pick the right cruise line for me.

And very little cam upset me when I'm on vacation.

Things like what you drink, smoke, wear, hog or smuggle just don't mean much to me.

So if that's wearing rose colored glasses then you are correct.

Maybe all you folks who think its not ok to ever post a complaint need to look at yourselves instead of pointing fingers?

Why are YOU so defensive that you cant stand to ever read something negative. Its like you own the line and are mentally invested in keeping Carnival's image clean. Is it because you feel defensive that you think others lines are too expensive so you have to defend your choice to the death??

think about it .. this is a thread to bash people who you dont like what they said and/or to call them names like oh they are just chronic complainers .. i.e. can't possible be a valid complaint. I know I have seen the flamers here if anyone dares to complain about Carnival.

Content people have NEVER contributed to the progress of ANYTHING. Only the ones who take issue are those that proffer change and effect progress

I agree wholeheartedly with your comment FF.

The cheerleaders are the ones that ignore the cutbacks. The ones who are objective are called "bashers".

Cheerleaders wear their rose colored glasses because of a something called "consumer dissonance".

Consumer dissonance can occur after the purchase of an expensive product. You could call it buyers remorse, but that is not quite the same, it is the second guessing of the purchase. If you ever got a gift from car company (for example, I was mailed a wash mitt) that was to allay possible consumer dissonance. If you come back and see a "welcome home" email, that is there to allay consumer dissonance.

Arguing with objective observations about CCL could be a sign of consumer dissonance. There are negative reviews of all kinds of products, like cars and washing machines. Are these same people going to say that Consumer Reports is a GE basher or that Edmunds is a Suzuki basher?

I think it's a good think that all the terminal complainers have a home here on Cruise Critic.

Your probably right.

I do make sure to pick the right cruise line for me.

And very little cam upset me when I'm on vacation.

Things like what you drink, smoke, wear, hog or smuggle just don't mean much to me.

So if that's wearing rose colored glasses then you are correct.

You would have felt right at home on the Minnow.

Archived