They offered a suite upgrade - and took it back !

mringenoldus

So they consider a cruise tour as one product for pricing and upgrades but 2 products for cruise points. The have their cake and eat it too.
Not really. Cruise points are for cruises taken or days sailed. Other cruise lines give you credit for onboard spending but their loyalty program is not nearly as good as Princess and I don't know of any cruise line that gives rewards for land portions of your trip. They might be out there but I haven't heard of any.

After another call from my TA, I am happy to report that Princess has decided to honor the original upsell quote. This is the kind of customer service I have come to expect from Princess. It was also a good business decision on their part - in my humble opinion.

what a good day!

Glad to hear it! Especially good news since I know what Princess will have to do to make that go through their systems :) I'm curious, see if they give you a different booking number or they just edit your record manually.

As far as the cruisetour/loyalty points issue - remember than except in AK, Princess generally does not operate the land venues, they resell other properties and transport. Its a totally different revenue model (that's also part of the reason food is not inclusive, they would have to buy it off other venues in many locations).

It would make a certain amount of sense to credit Alaska ones, but IT systems don't like those kind of exceptions (for example, what happens when they use the non-Princess hotel options in Fairbanks. Do those count?)

After another call from my TA, I am happy to report that Princess has decided to honor the original upsell quote. This is the kind of customer service I have come to expect from Princess. It was also a good business decision on their part - in my humble opinion.

what a good day!

what a good day!

That is great news. Have a good cruise.

Archived