Grand Suite 1270 Adventure of the Seas

holidaygoer

We have booked Deck 10 Grand Suite 1270 on the Adventure of the Seas. Has anyone reading the forum stayed in that stateroom and if so what is it like in terms of location and the accomodation standard, decoration and for unwanted noise etc. If not that stateroom then your experience of Grand Suites on AOS deck 10. We have read that this ship is looking it's age and will need the scheduled refit in 2014 so are a bit nervous about what we have booked! However for the relatively low additional cost over a Junior Suite which also looked great value we could not resist the upgrade! Also how helpful have you found the stateroom attendants, and what standard of service can we expect from them? We have opted for the flexible dining option so gratuities are taken up front, so does that make stateroom attendants less helpful without a large potential additional tip to look forward to at the end of the cruise or does that make no difference? We have read generally very positive comments about them on the forum.

Your personal experiences would be very interesting please.

Ant:)

• 2 months later...

Hi Ant,

I can't tell you about your particular suite, however I can make comments about the ship.

Sailed November 2011 from San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Yes the ship is older, and may not have the new attractions on Oasis etc., but it is still well maintained. I've been on Oasis, Freedom (x2), Navigator (x3) and Liberty.

As an exiled Scot, I know you "Yorkies" like to be clean and tidy. In my experience, the common areas, WJ, dining room were in good condition. Our JS attendant was as good and efficient as on any previous RCCL ship.

Orlando ( barman in the Sports Bar, deck 5) is really good. Aftewr a couple of visits, he knew our 'tipple' and had it served expertly. His wife was also on board, working in the VCL.

I would go back on this ship.

DON"T miss the Ice Show, probably the best we've seen on RCCL.

Enjoy your cruise.

The Laird

There is no "butler" style service in RCI suites....so you will have the standard suite attendants service....clean the room, make the beds, etc....The level of service will be no different because you had to "pre-tip"....the attendant doesn't RECEIVE that money until the cruise is over! They are still trying to do their best for you.

Archived