Silver Whisper - Nov 21st

xander

The salt spray is still in our hair and the tan has yet to fade but we've gone and booked another cruise - this time on Silversea. We are joining Silver Whisper on Nov 21st out of Fort Lauderdale; the combination of the dollar rate and some great reductions from Silversea made this an irresistable decision.

Is anyone else joining us?

Does anyone have experience of silversea they would like to share?

Hey, Ian - sounds like a great cruise and some great rates, IF YOU'RE NOT A SINGLE. They're charging 200% for single occupancy, when their norm is 110-125%, so $7200 for a single is too high... I know - find someone to go with...:rolleyes:

Hi, Ian -

Pat & I are on the Nov. 21 sailing from Ft. L., too. We haven't been on Silversea - our last couple of cruises were on RSSC Voyager (Norwegian Fjords last summer and the Baltics the summer before). We love Radisson but want to try Silversea. The Whisper appears to be a great ship - small and luxurious, but (we have been assured) not stuffy. You can get some good dope of Silversea on the Silversea board. (Not to mention reading posts by some real dopes - for some reason there are some very catty people on that board. We expect cattiness on this G & L board - after all, that is part of the entertainment - but it seems odd on the board of a line like Silversea.) In any event, we are eagerly anticipating the cruise on Whisper.

At the moment, however, we are focused on getting ready for two weeks on the Paul Gauguin in French Polynesia. We leave for Tahiti on May 20. The big chore this week-end is trying on all of our sun and swim wear, to determine which will make us look least like manatees when we are snorkeling every day. I fear that aside from a minor miracle in the clothing department, the manatee image will be all to apt. This problem will be further aggravated by the excellent food (and free wine and cocktails with dinner) on the ship. Oh well, people find manatees sort of cuddly, don't they?

Looking forward to sharing info on Whisper and meeting you guys in November.

Cheers, Fred

You will LOVE the Gauguin! I did a week in June and aweek in September - one of the best cruises in my life. The scenery is enought to bring tears to your eyes!

E-mail me and I'll send you photos and tell you all the good stuff!!

thulewx@hotamail.com:D

Hi Phil,

Cruising is one of the few times when my boyfriend doesn't cost me money.....as long as I can keep him out of Diamonds International...hehe.

Fred & Phil - we look forward to meeting you. We have looked at a cruise in Tahiti - the long long flight from the UK is the only thing putting us off. We decided on Silversea mainly because champagne & caviar are inclusive....we've got seven months to lose the pounds we've just gained on our Summit cruise!!!!

Freddie,

I have to agree with you on the catiness on the Silversea board.

I haven't sailed on Silversea but I am a huge fan of Seabourn.

The attitudes on the two boards are night and day and that is why I have chosen to continue with Seabourn.

Seabourn has a very down to earth crowd that knows how to have fun.

My partner and I (16 years) have never ever felt uncomfortable on Seabourn.

We have become a part of the Seabourn Family. HostDan (formerly CruiserDan) may be able to give you a good comparison as he is the host of the luxury boards and is a contributor to the GLBT boards.

Xander,

I am sure you will have a wonderful time on your cruise. Read the Silversea board and educate yourself as far as what to expect.

Check out the Seabourn board and see the difference.

mcboo:):):)

my partner and i have done several silverseas cruises and loved evvery one of them. the service, food, ambience and overall friendliness to gays was exceptional. having said that, we will be on seabourn for 28 days back to back this summer (july 31 to aug 28 on th epride) to the norwegian fjords and the baltic and are very much looking forward to that experience. i think you cant go wrong on either line and my arttitude is how lucky are we to be debating which one if them to choose.

btw, anyone else on either of these pride cruises?

Archived