Would You Sail the Titanic II?

MrPete

We would go! Especially if it would be furnished like the original! We love antiques! It would be neat to experience the decor like it was originally built. But I agree with other posts. Would need to get rid of the different classes. :)

Some millionaire is planning on building this, and planning the maiden voyage from the UK to New York?

Silliest thing I have seen on the news this morning.

Would you sail on this?

A little bit after that teenybooper mess of a film came out (Titanic via James Cameron and Celine Dion) there was an article in I think Popular Mechanics relating how several lines were going to build a modern redo. Since the economy flopped nary a peep so it sounds like interest is starting up again.

I think the OPs question could be the basis of a bad horror flick had a company sailed the Titanics route in a remake on the 100th anniversary.

Interesting and morbid at the same time. Not sure I'd want to embark on anything named "Posiedon II" or "Hindenberg II" either.

I'm curious to see what others think about this.

ill fated ship names should be retired....

titanic, poseidon, hindenburg, andea doria, concordia, destiny...

Y'all do know the Poseidon was just a movie?? ;)

so then you meant to say "only".

but the real tragedy was having to see shelly winters wet.

No, I believe I said it correctly. Poseidon was just a movie. The Titanic and Hindenburg were real life disasters as well as movies. Concur with Shelly winters though. :D

This got more publicity overseas than it did at home (Australia) as most of us know of the person in Question (mining magnate) and brushed it off as "balderdash" which sums up most things he says.

A little bit after that teenybooper mess of a film came out (Titanic via James Cameron and Celine Dion) there was an article in I think Popular Mechanics relating how several lines were going to build a modern redo. Since the economy flopped nary a peep so it sounds like interest is starting up again.

I think the OPs question could be the basis of a bad horror flick had a company sailed the Titanics route in a remake on the 100th anniversary.

Already been done. *cough*

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1640571/plotsummary

Meet the "Titanic II" movie. XD

--

Btw, would I sail it? Probably. Just 'cause...well, it would be kind of cool. Maybe.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Although this ship will probably be a better build, I seriously could never bring myself to sail on it. It's that whole karma bad ju-ju thing that would keep me off of that ship.

Seriously??? Built in China. Lead paint, toxic baby formula and dog food! Do you really, really want to saill on a ship made in China????

Seriously??? Built in China. Lead paint, toxic baby formula and dog food! Do you really, really want to saill on a ship made in China????

Seriously??? Didn't I just say I would not sail on this ship (bad ju-ju and all that jazz).

No, I don't want anything made in China.

They killed my dog with the poison Alpo.

No, I don't want anything made in China.

They killed my dog with the poison Alpo.

China has no respect for patents, copyrights, human rights, and yes sadly provide products that kill our animals. Medicines, toothpaste you name it. And I'm going to put my family on a chinese made ship and traverse the Atlantic?

Can the Kardashians go down with the ship? and the cast of Jersey Shore? :D

PLEASE add Celine Dion to that!!

Already been done. *cough*

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1640571/plotsummary

Meet the "Titanic II" movie. XD

--

Btw, would I sail it? Probably. Just 'cause...well, it would be kind of cool. Maybe.

It sunk II. ...also

I doubt that that project will ever come to fruitation since I'd guesstimate the cost at upwards of a half billion dollars and the ship would be limited by size to a smaller pax manifest. There is no way the ship would be built with bunk beds accomodating 4 pax to a tiny stateroom. There would be fewer cabins than the orignal meaning a hefty price to sail on the ship.

Archived