Just back from Allure...A few observations

We just returned from the 4/22-4/29 voyage of the Allure. Just some quick observqtions then full report to follow after unpacking and settling back into the routine.

First time cruisers on RCCL....have sailed mainy times on Princess and Celebrity. This was the best ship we have ever sailed on. Our fear of crowds was totally unwarranted. No more crowded on the elevators and pool areas than any other ship, and in many cases we wondered where everybody was.

Loved the variety of choices for breakfast, especially eating "outdoors" in Central Park or the Boardwalk. The staff was wonderful, cheerful and helpful, with one small exception.

Walking from one area of the ship to another did not seem any different than on any other ship in terms of distance. Food in the MDR for dinner was very good.

Absolutely no problem with chair hogs or finding a good lounge chair in the pool areas. In fact, the was staff going around and removing articles (towels, books, flip flops, etc) from chairs that were unoccupied too long. Never saw that before.

A more in-depth review to follow, with pics (if I can figure out how to do that).

All in all, a wonderful cruise...a wonderful ship.

You will love it. And we love sea days, and there were three of them on this cruise. So much to do (or not do and just nap in the sun). Only problem is, we felt that if this ship was chosen for a first time cruiser, they may be spoiled and not enjoy a smaller class of ships.

Im glad to hear your first experience on RCI was a good one. I look forward to reading more details when you can provide them. As for adding pictures to your posts here, personally Ive uploaded my pictures to a web-based photo storage site such as photobucket then linked to the pictures in my posts here. I'm writing this from my phone so providing links is a bit awkward for me ATM but I'm sure others will add additional information to help you out with this. Thanks again for taking the time to write about your trip and I look forward to reading more. :)

We just returned from the 4/22-4/29 voyage of the Allure. Just some quick observqtions then full report to follow after unpacking and settling back into the routine.

First time cruisers on RCCL....have sailed mainy times on Princess and Celebrity. This was the best ship we have ever sailed on. Our fear of crowds was totally unwarranted. No more crowded on the elevators and pool areas than any other ship, and in many cases we wondered where everybody was.

Loved the variety of choices for breakfast, especially eating "outdoors" in Central Park or the Boardwalk. The staff was wonderful, cheerful and helpful, with one small exception.

Walking from one area of the ship to another did not seem any different than on any other ship in terms of distance. Food in the MDR for dinner was very good.

Absolutely no problem with chair hogs or finding a good lounge chair in the pool areas. In fact, the was staff going around and removing articles (towels, books, flip flops, etc) from chairs that were unoccupied too long. Never saw that before.

A more in-depth review to follow, with pics (if I can figure out how to do that).

We sail her in less than 2 weeks. Can't wait! and looking forward to your review.

Tom

It's been two years since I was on Oasis, but two things stick out in my mind about that cruise:

* It was the least-crowded ship I've ever been on (and it was sailing full - 6,400+ passengers)

* It was the only cruise where chairhogs weren't a problem. The Oasis also had people coming around removing towels and belongings and opening up chairs. In fact, we never had a problem finding two chairs right next to each other!

You will love it. And we love sea days, and there were three of them on this cruise. So much to do (or not do and just nap in the sun). Only problem is, we felt that if this ship was chosen for a first time cruiser, they may be spoiled and not enjoy a smaller class of ships.

Oasis will be a first cruise for DW & I in June 2013. This does have me slightly concerned. :p

Oasis will be a first cruise for DW & I in June 2013. This does have me slightly concerned. :p

You have nothing to worry about! My fiancee's first cruise was on the Oasis. Her second was a step down - to Liberty. Her third was a huge step down - to Monarch! She loved all 3.

Yeah, my hubby will be sailing her on 5/27!

Fabulous! I just booked Allure for April 2013 this morning :D

Which week?...if 14th join our roll!:)

We had a similar experience on Oasis! Where is everyone!?!? Looking forward to your review (love pictures!:D) as Allure is our next Royal cruise. It's so nice to get a perspective from a newer Royal cruiser- I think we loyalists sometimes forget how many wonderful things are included, and can get nit picky! ;)

Archived