Liquor prices in the shops

golfadj

On the Glory last week noticed that Sheridans was very much cheaper than on our last cruise in Jan on the Valor and asked one of the salesman.

Was about $ 30 in Jan and 19.95 last week.

Turns out they based prices on where the ship is going and when they go to San Juan prices come down substantially over S Caribbean that does not have good pricing.

Just thought I would pass this on.

We always seem to find pretty good prices on the scotch on the ships-often better than we can find in port.

Typically we only purchase Sherridans as we cannot get it at home.

Generally it makes our suitcase too heavy to buy booze so not worth schlepping stuff we can get at home.

I like to buy bottles of stuff in Port that are unavailable at home. This being said, it is rare that any of this is ever on board the ship. I have found that the Liquor sold in the tourism villages at the Port stops is more expensive than you can find wandering into town and shopping at a local liqour outlet. They make it sound like a deal, and it often is a deal compared to home...but when you get into town you get a nice surprise. This is even true for buying local beers if you plan a beach day. Don't get screwed by on board prices OR by beach bars. There's my tip of the day.

:)

Archived