Meet and Greet Filmed

Shogun

Hi All

Setting up meet and greet on my up and coming cruise on Grand, was asked if it would be videoed,

they thought it would be cool to have a record of who they have met, etc

now have been to many where folks have had a little camera and recorded a few minutes here and there,

but they were wanting Princess to film it, Princess would at a cost to be agreed if required, we would be able to buy DVDs,

so question anyone ever done this,

my own view is many folks hate seeing a camera and will not speak, take part in things or worse might not attend if they thought thre was a chance of being filmed,

thoughts folks,

yours Shogun

It's hard to say.

You could have a spouse of someone at the M&G film it with their camcorder and simply pay for the cost of the MiniDV/Hi8 tape used in the device and duplicate DVDs to be made.

Regardless of who films it, you have to consider if you want the camera to be stationary, roving around the room, interviews, etc. Smartphones and iPads and such do have HD recording devices and possibly someone could film short little "blips" of folks waving hello, or saying a quick something, or just random crowd shots. Then give those files to someone with a basic editing program in their computer to put together.

There's a few ways to go about it. It can be done, though.

I am guessing they (Princess) could take video clips of this like they do for every other activity on the ship and include it on the cruise video they sell.

I'm not sure I would want to pay Princess another $20-30 just for a video of a M&G. DeloreanGirl, I think, is right. Someone from the M&G could do it, but the logistics may prove interesting if the group is large.:eek:

Larry

Archived