Do passengers from the Wonder get to board the Dream in Nassau?

war_eagle99

This past week we cruised on the Dream and noticed the pool deck was packed all day while in Nassau...meanwhile the Wonder looked like a ghost ship.

I didn't think too much of this at first because I too would rather stay on the ship than visit Nassau for the tenth time so I chalked it up to the Dream being a better option for the day... but at lunch my brother dressed in a bathing suit and sleeveless shirt was asked by one of the servers if he was from the Disney Wonder.

Are cruisers from other DCL ships allowed to visit another ship while in port? Surely that can't be the case - can it? If so, that would be infuriating.

Disclaimer: the Wonder could have actually been the Magic. I can't remember which exactly other than it was another Disney ship docked next to us.

This past week we cruised on the Dream and noticed the pool deck was packed all day while in Nassau...meanwhile the Wonder looked like a ghost ship.

I didn't think too much of this at first because I too would rather stay on the ship than visit Nassau for the tenth time so I chalked it up to the Dream being a better option for the day... but at lunch my brother dressed in a bathing suit and sleeveless shirt was asked by one of the servers if he was from the Disney Wonder.

Are cruisers from other DCL ships allowed to visit another ship while in port? Surely that can't be the case - can it? If so, that would be infuriating.

Disclaimer: the Wonder could have actually been the Magic. I can't remember which exactly other than it was another Disney ship docked next to us.

No, they cannot visit other Disney ships. I think the reason you see more people on the Dream is because it has more activities on board, especially the Aquaduck, and many people don't mind missing Nassau.

The ship you saw was the Magic. The Wonder is on the west coast for the summer, doing Mexican Riviera cruises now and soon switching to Alaskan cruises.

Archived