Oceania Suite on Riviera...TV sets

eddmel

We're starting to get really excited about our upcoming cruise and have been so happy with Oceania in the past.

This time we will have an Oceania suite. Has anyone had one on the Marina? I assume they are the same. We're wondering where the TV sets are in this suite.

We're starting to get really excited about our upcoming cruise and have been so happy with Oceania in the past.

This time we will have an Oceania suite. Has anyone had one on the Marina? I assume they are the same. We're wondering where the TV sets are in this suite.

There are two sets in the Oceania Suites.

092702.jpg092324.jpg

One in the Bedroom, and a larger one in the Media Room.

From your picture it appears that on demand movies are offered on the tv. If this is true do you know if they are offered in all suites and/or staterooms and if there is a charge ? Is there a large selection ? Thanks.

From your picture it appears that on demand movies are offered on the tv. If this is true do you know if they are offered in all suites and/or staterooms and if there is a charge ? Is there a large selection ? Thanks.

I believe that the "Media Library" that you speak of is only available in Suites above the Penthouse level, and there it is complimentary.

Do they still have DVD players on Marina and Riviera? The same approx. 300 title DVD library to check out from? I just booked June 2013 on Riviera today -- knew what I wanted, and worried the deals might not be as good with the new pricing policy starting tomorrow.

Do they still have DVD players on Marina and Riviera? The same approx. 300 title DVD library to check out from? I just booked June 2013 on Riviera today -- knew what I wanted, and worried the deals might not be as good with the new pricing policy starting tomorrow.

On Marina last year the DVD player was built into the TV the library was around 700 titles but not all new releases;)

Thanks for the photo. I thought there was a door from the bedroom by the jacuzzi rather than a window.

084727.jpg

The Oceania Suites on Deck 12, forward of the pool, do have a sliding glass door from the bedroom to the deck

023258.jpg but my photograph was taken in 11083, all the way aft on deck 11.

004715.jpg

The large porthole window is in the Bathroom of that Suite

170956.jpg whereas, I believe that the bathrooms of the deck 12 Oceania Suites are inside rooms.

Thanks for the photo. I thought there was a door from the bedroom by the jacuzzi rather than a window.

Disembarked Marina's crossing about a month ago - were in an Oceania Suite. Yes, there is a door from the bedroom directly out to the large veranda, near the jacuzzi.

084727.jpg

The Oceania Suites on Deck 12, forward of the pool, do have a sliding glass door from the bedroom to the deck

023258.jpg but my photograph was taken in 11083, all the way aft on deck 11.

004715.jpg

The large porthole window is in the Bathroom of that Suite

170956.jpg whereas, I believe that the bathrooms of the deck 12 Oceania Suites are inside rooms.

Wonderful pictures!! If I stayed in that room (which I cannot afford), I'd never want to leave. That suite is bigger than the condo we rent. But we do get to enjoy the everyday life on the beach!

DSC00622.JPG

WOW, WOW, and WOW!!!

Good for those of you in such luscious accommodations. They are the stuff of which

dreams are made...cruising dreams, anyway!

Livin' the good life on Oceania; we cannot wait. We've booked a veranda and the picture of that is a knockout.

If we are offered an affordable upsell (correct term, Oceanians?), I'm grabbing it! Will have to deal with DH later...oh, oh, could get lively but we'll already be onboard!

• 4 weeks later...
There are two sets in the Oceania Suites.

092702.jpg092324.jpg

One in the Bedroom, and a larger one in the Media Room.

Jim and Stan, Thank you for the multitude of information and advice through all your posts. I have a few questions. The Oceania agent tells me that there is a TV in the Oceania suite living room on the Riviera. Is that true?

I am debating between an Oceania suite and a Vista suite for the Riviera sailing October 4th. Either suite is insanely expensive but we have decided to splurge, if you could book either which would you prefer? My husband is leaning toward the Vista because it is bigger and appears to have more comfortable furniture in the living room and a larger deck. I worry that being so forward might have more movement, although the Oceania suites are somewhat forward as well, the ones on the aft are not available. If you were to choose a Vista suite what deck would you pick? Thanks for all your advice, it is much appreciated.

We won't be in an Oceania Suite until November 2013 and I assume you want an earlier answer ...

So I can't speak to the OC but we were in a VS on Marina last October. From the descriptions, I think that *I* prefer the VS. Yes, the deck is very large. The big difference for me is that I like having the big screen in the living room and I believe Jim told me that in the OC there is no TV in the living room because it is in the media room. I quite frankly prefer having the exercise equipment to the media room.

But both categories look gorgeous! The problem we had in the VS (if you can call it a problem) was figuring out how to turn out all the lights ... We weren't the only people who've had that problem! That may have been simplified on Riviera.

Mura

The Oceania agent tells me that there is a TV in the Oceania suite living room on the Riviera. Is that true?

No, it is not true.

If you were to choose a Vista suite what deck would you pick?

The Vista Suites on Deck 12 would be my first choice. You'll actually be a deck above the Bridge and have a better view than the captain. ;)

The Verandas up there are not the largest of any Vista Suite, but they are still HUGE!

221114.jpg

Hmmm ... I liked being on Deck 10 for our VS ... of course, we did get a call from the bridge one night asking us to turn off the veranda lights, which as far as we knew were NOT ON! We finally guessed that there weren't any lights on out there but the curtains in the living room weren't completely closed.

And being as I do tend to avoid the forward cabins since I AM sensitive to motion, I'd prefer to be lower down -- just how much that would help I don't know! We were lucky in not having rough seas other than for about 3 hours one night on our cruise.

Mura

Hmmm ... I liked being on Deck 10 for our VS ... of course, we did get a call from the bridge one night asking us to turn off the veranda lights, which as far as we knew were NOT ON! We finally guessed that there weren't any lights on out there but the curtains in the living room weren't completely closed.

And being as I do tend to avoid the forward cabins since I AM sensitive to motion, I'd prefer to be lower down -- just how much that would help I don't know! We were lucky in not having rough seas other than for about 3 hours one night on our cruise.

Mura

Wow! I'm not sure what to think of this and nor have I thought of it before. We like to sit out on our balcony in the evenings and read. I didn't realize this could lead to a call from the bridge to turn off our light or close our curtains. I guess we won't be booking any rooms forward facing. I wonder if this is the case on all cruise lines.

The last cruise we were on we choose the room farthest forward with balcony as possible which landed us right under the bridge. On this particular ship there were no forward facing cabins with balconies.

The call came late at night -- totally dark outside and on the cool side (we left Civitavecchia on October 21st and left the ship in Istanbul on November 1st or thereabouts). While we might have sat outside to read in daylight, we sure wouldn't have done so at night!

Also, in the summer time sunset occurs a lot later than it does in late October!

And if you are above the bridge (Deck 11 on Marina and Riviera), or below Deck 10, it shouldn't be a problem. My recollection is that the same situation can occur on the "R" ships.

Mura

The "no lights at night" rule applies to every forward facing cabin or veranda on any ship belonging to any cruise line.

It impossible to have a clear view of what is in front of the ship if there are lights burning at the bow.

The+Disney+Magic+cruise+ship+lights+up+at+night.jpg

A Cruise ship might be lit up like a Christmas tree while docked or at anchor, but when she is moving......no lights are permitted pn the foredeck or bridge front......period.

We are in an Oceania Suite in Nov. and by looking at the living room pictures I would like to know if the sofa is a full size sofa or a loveseat.Thank you in advance.

It is a full sized sofa, what photographs have you seen that suggested something else?

062-rivierasuite-copy-592x444.jpg

Another thing to remember in the forward-facing Vista Suites is that when the ship is underway at , say 20 knots, then you have a 20 knot wind blowing into your balcony! When we were on Marina's March crossing, we had an Oceania Suite and our CC group did a cabin crawl. The last one was a Vista Suite and I noticed the balcony furniture all tied up together. The Vista Suite couple said the staff had to tie it up due to high winds, so they weren't able to use the balcony that much! Given that and having more "motion of the ocean" up towards the bow, and we'll take an Oceania Suite anytime -- we won't book a Vista Suite.

Gary

Another thing to remember in the forward-facing Vista Suites is that when the ship is underway at , say 20 knots, then you have a 20 knot wind blowing into your balcony! When we were on Marina's March crossing, we had an Oceania Suite and our CC group did a cabin crawl. The last one was a Vista Suite and I noticed the balcony furniture all tied up together. The Vista Suite couple said the staff had to tie it up due to high winds, so they weren't able to use the balcony that much! Given that and having more "motion of the ocean" up towards the bow, and we'll take an Oceania Suite anytime -- we won't book a Vista Suite.

Gary

On a Crossing where the ship is sailing at over 20 knots for days at a time, I would probably agree with you; but on a port intensive cruise in the Med or the Baltic, a Vista Suite can be an exquisite choice. We had the most amazing cocktail Party once, while sailing the Stockholm Archipelago.

105740.jpg231442.jpg

Having that forward view is just amazing, for sailing in or out of certain ports.

By the way, I wonder how much use anyone got out of their verandas on a March crossing?

Windy_2_tnb.png

Archived