Still Curious/Need Answer About Pricies

CRUISE4JANE

I have asked this in the past in one of the posts, but have never received a reply. I have heard people say they do a fake booking and if the price is lower you can get that price. I booked ES and yes have saved $650 so far on my 8C balcony on the empress for 3 by checking Fare Viewer. Then I do a fake booking and see that the price is way higher. Why is this? :confused:

I have asked this in the past in one of the posts, but have never received a reply. I have heard people say they do a fake booking and if the price is lower you can get that price. I booked ES and yes have saved $650 so far on my 8C balcony on the empress for 3 by checking Fare Viewer. Then I do a fake booking and see that the price is way higher. Why is this? :confused:

My guess would be that it's because Fareviewer does not include taxes and port charges. It is just the rate for the actual cruise.

In addition to the port charges and taxes, make sure you're looking at the same category of cabin. There are more than one category of cabins on each deck. By looking at the deck plans first, you can see what section of the deck your 8C's are and do the fake booking there.

I always assumed that those people doing a "fake booking" didn't know about the direct link to the fare-viewer page. I did happen to do a fake booking recently just to see what balcony cabins were still available near our cabin. I wish there was an easier way; like be able to select something like, "show me all your available 8D cabins", or 4C, etc. It would be much easier to search like that.

My guess would be that it's because Fareviewer does not include taxes and port charges. It is just the rate for the actual cruise.

Nope, I am not adding gov. fees and taxes and am checking cruise only rate on Carnival Website against cruise only rate on Fare Viewer, same deck, same cabin and category and same amount of paxs. Just did it a while ago, and it would cost me $350 more if I was to book today. :confused:

Nope, I am not adding gov. fees and taxes and am checking cruise only rate on Carnival Website against cruise only rate on Fare Viewer, same deck, same cabin and category and same amount of paxs. Just did it a while ago, and it would cost me $350 more if I was to book today. :confused:

I guess I'm kind of confused then. Are you saying that it would cost you $350 more today than the day you booked? Or you're saying that you look on fareviewer and the cruise only rate is right now $350 less than the cruise only rate if you do a mock booking right now? I can see you're under 60 days so if you're still eligible for a price reduction, that means you booked Early Saver.

and Same Booking type (ES, Past Guest....)??

You ARE saying that for exact same Booking, the fare is different (today) between a "mock booking" and the FareViewer? You ARE procedding into the Fareviewer to where they display the various Categories? I've NEVER seen this: Can you share an example: Date, ship, # PAX, Category, Fare type???

It would cost you $350 more than what?

ken

I just took your information (7/1 - Conquest - 3pax - 8C) and put it both into fare viewer and then tried a mock booking and came up with the same price under the PG at $2317. So I'm not quite sure where you're seeing that it's different.

Ken i was just going to say the same thing...

It has to be the rate difference. Past Guest, Military, Early Saver, etc.

Something has to be different to generate the difference in price. If you said you have received price drops-Carnival is not in the business of "giving away" free money.:D Check your rate code.

Finally got back to posting. Had to cook, clean up, etc. and look at The Voice :p. Anyway to all who has replied, this is how I compared the prices. I am ES, final payment made and my last price is $2317 for an 8C Balcony, Empress Deck, 3 paxs. for July 1 on the Conquest. This is what I did for all 7 price drops.

Went on Fare Viewer and checked the price (Now it is $2317).

Then after checking Fare Viewer, I pretended I was booking a cruise and just put in 3 paxs, balcony, empress deck . Whenever I did this, the price was always higher. It was never the same as Fare Viewer. I have had 7 price drops and not once did the figures match. :confused:

Finally got back to posting. Had to cook, clean up, etc. and look at The Voice :p. Anyway to all who has replied, this is how I compared the prices. I am ES, final payment made and my last price is $2317 for an 8C Balcony, Empress Deck, 3 paxs. for July 1 on the Conquest. This is what I did for all 7 price drops.

Went on Fare Viewer and checked the price (Now it is $2317).

Then after checking Fare Viewer, I pretended I was booking a cruise and just put in 3 paxs, balcony, empress deck . Whenever I did this, the price was always higher. It was never the same as Fare Viewer. I have had 7 price drops and not once did the figures match. :confused:

If you are comparing the price per person to carnival.com .. they average all 3 pax.

fareviewer shows the actual prices which are going to be higher for pax 1 and 2.

KEN

Ok, like I said I am pretending to book a cruise. Yes, I am a past guest, but I don't see anything saying past guest while I am booking. This is what I did:

I put in Caribbean

July 1, 2012

3 Travelers

New Orleans

It says Book Now

I click on Summer is on Sale

Balcony (Shows price of $819 pp X 3 is $2457 (before gov. fees and taxes)

Check Empress

Check Fwd (Can't check my midshop cause it is not available)

Price is now $2667 (without gov. fees and taxes and not $2317 (before fees and taxes like I am paying now.

Now lucky you if you can match these prices (FV and Carnival Website) because I can't :(.

I guess I'm kind of confused then. Are you saying that it would cost you $350 more today than the day you booked? Or you're saying that you look on fareviewer and the cruise only rate is right now $350 less than the cruise only rate if you do a mock booking right now? I can see you're under 60 days so if you're still eligible for a price reduction, that means you booked Early Saver.

It shows that if I would book my cabin tonight, I would be paying $350 more than I am right now. I was under the impression that both these prices FV and the Website were suppose to match.

The Fun select is $2667

Summer is on sale for past guest is 2317 which is what you are paying. Fareviewer gives you the lowest fare you qualify for. Maybe when you did the mock booking you didn't indicate you are past guest. I used the find a cruise tab to get all pricing which in addition to the above had the Summer is on sale for non past guest with obc for $2617.

HTH

KEN

Ok, like I said I am pretending to book a cruise. Yes, I am a past guest, but I don't see anything saying past guest while I am booking. This is what I did:

I put in Caribbean

July 1, 2012

3 Travelers

New Orleans

It says Book Now

I click on Summer is on Sale

Balcony (Shows price of $819 pp X 3 is $2457 (before gov. fees and taxes)

Check Empress

Check Fwd (Can't check my midshop cause it is not available)

Price is now $2667 (without gov. fees and taxes and not $2317 (before fees and taxes like I am paying now.

Now lucky you if you can match these prices (FV and Carnival Website) because I can't :(.

Are you sure?? The price for pax #3 should be less than pax #1 and #2. I've never seen the price you quote where pax #3 is not discounted.

KEN, BRENDA, KRYSTAL AND FIREFLY - HOORAY FOR ME! :D

Just figured it out. When I do a fake booking, I DID NOT go to the ADVANCE SEARCH. How dumb of me :eek:. Finally, I got it. Prices match now. Don't know why I get so obsessed with a trivial thing like this. But when I hear everyone talking about doing a fake booking etc. to check their prices and mine don't match, I will sit here and keep trying until I figure it out. Boy, glad I don't work. I have been off and on this board most of the day. Whew! :rolleyes: Had to read all through Stu's post today. It was very entertaining. :p

The Fun select is $2667

Summer is on sale for past guest is 2317 which is what you are paying. Fareviewer gives you the lowest fare you qualify for. Maybe when you did the mock booking you didn't indicate you are past guest. I used the find a cruise tab to get all pricing which in addition to the above had the Summer is on sale for non past guest with obc for $2617.

HTH

Yeah, I just figured that out. Thanks.

Are you sure?? The price for pax #3 should be less than pax #1 and #2. I've never seen the price you quote where pax #3 is not discounted.

Yep, I know 3rd person is discounted, but was just averaging it out for 3.

One last question.......................

After seeing price and scrolling down to Category Fares that price is always higher. Why?

Sometimes they show 8A Free Upgrade to 8C. Do you just pay the difference in price if you want to upgrade?

Archived