Dining room question:

ljslight

If you are not going to go to the dining room for one reason or another, do you just not show up? Say you decide to do the buffet instead and catch an early show? I have alway wondered.:confused:

It would be good to let your TableMates and your Wait Staff know the nite before, so they are not waiting on you to order. ken

If I'm in the MDR and I know that I'm not going to be there the next night, I do let the waitstaff/tablemates know so they aren't waiting for me.

I now do the anytime dining so I don't have to deal with it at all.

But no, there is no rule that says you must let them know you're not going to be there.

We tell the waiter the night before if we know we are not going to be in the dining room at night. We also tell the waiter on day 1, if we aren't here by 10 minutes after the dining time, we won't be there.

I don't want others at our table to wait when we might not show up. I would tell the waiter if we aren't there 5 minutes after the scheduled time etc, but sometimes we can't get to the dining room within 5 minutes with the lines waiting to get in.

Archived