Charge for Cappacino's in MDR now?

bankonus

"Just off the Paradise on 4/26/12 and cappuccino and espresso were both free in MDR. Today 09:57 PM"

It is just the Miracle so far.

Just off (4/28) the 15 day to Hawaii and had it free every night after dinner.

We sailed the Freedom last August. I had an espresso every night after dinner, no charge. However, the two times I ordered it during breakfast in the MDR, I was charged. I think they are like Sodas for kids, only free in the MDR at dinner time.

I think the free soda in the dining room for kids was stopped a long time ago.

I will be on the Miracle next week

If this is the case they will hear it from our group.

I saw the menu for the brunch...if anyone doesn`t see it as a revenue maker you are blind.

Just another Briiliant CCL move to NOT raise the price but to get more money.

Do they really think the public is that stupid???

When filling out your comment cards at the end of the cruise, it only takes a few minutes to write down what you aren't happy about. It doesn't always have to say how outstanding everything is. People need to let them know they aren't pleased or things are going to keep changing....for the worse.

silence will allow this newest cutback to roll out fleet wide.

SHOUT YOUR DISPLEASURE NOW!

Dont care only drink coffe in morning to wake up

Now if this was cocktails it would be a different story:D

I just got off the Spirit and had capuccino free every evening....if they do start charging it wouldn't shock me too much.

Everyone keeps saying CCL is a 'good bang for the buck' and it is but because of that, they have to make the money someplace.

I noticed that things that we usually pay for are definitely going up in price as well. Photos (for instance) are more costly and there are no longer any 'specials'

Drnks were high priced...in fact, it was crazy because my sisiter won the mixology contest and her prize was 4 drink coupons, but they were good for drinks that were 5.95 or lower....ummm, that didn't cover ANY drink.

LOL....maybe a beer....possibly a glass of wine (??)

silence will allow this newest cutback to roll out fleet wide.

SHOUT YOUR DISPLEASURE NOW!

Shout your dispeasure for any and all cuts to the passengers who insist that CCL be dirt cheap. The management is going by what the people want. They have to make up the money someplace and they are doing just that.....

We sailed the Freedom last August. I had an espresso every night after dinner, no charge. However, the two times I ordered it during breakfast in the MDR, I was charged. I think they are like Sodas for kids, only free in the MDR at dinner time.

I was on the Freedom last June, ordered cap every day for breakfast in the mdr, was never charged.

However, I did noticed that there was no mention of cap/espreesso under the free drink section of the menu so I thought it might be phased out. In fact, in my review of the Freedom that i posted, I mentioned this.

Is this true or something that's floating around? Just want to know what to expect since I usually get one after dinner every night. Thanks

After the 2.0 "Upgrades" there will be a charge for it. It is yet another cutback, i mean change.

When are there free cocktails, except the 1 hour past guest party? Tell me I plan to go there :eek:.

If they stopped the free booze @ the past guest party than maybe I would be upset but All Im trying to say its a cup of coffee with a little steamed/frothy milk

You can still get free coffee just throw a little milk in it:rolleyes:

Yes, the Miracle no longer has free espresso/capp in the MDR and instead have a short comedy show during brunch in the MDR and some appetizer tastings that are free. So they have replaced one with the other. But some people only see the one side because that is all they want to see.

Yes, the Miracle no longer has free espresso/capp in the MDR and instead have a short comedy show during brunch in the MDR and some appetizer tastings that are free. So they have replaced one with the other. But some people only see the one side because that is all they want to see.

i only speak for me, but when i get up, the last thing i want to do is get nyuk nyuks when i'm having my eggs benedict and coffee, hollandaise on the side please.

i only speak for me, but when i get up, the last thing i want to do is get nyuk nyuks when i'm having my eggs benedict and coffee, hollandaise on the side please.

The comedy routine is at 10, 11, 12 and 1. It isn't no stop and is actually only 5-10 mins.

The comedy routine is at 10, 11, 12 and 1. It isn't no stop and is actually only 5-10 mins.

at least now i know i can come at 10:10 -11:00 and safely see nor hear nothing.

and just think. some just don't want to see dancing waiters.

LMAO! I hear ya!:p

Who is really going to purchase that lackluster cappuccino when there's an actual coffee shop on board?

From what i can tell, a cap from the mdr is the same as the one from the coffee shop. Both use separate coffee grinder, then pack coffee into a portofilter in an espresso machine. The quality of the frothed milk is the same. Both also use Lilli coffee unless you are an AK cruise where they might use Caribou Coffee. The coffee shop has the variety of syrups that the mdr doesn't. I haven't been on HAL or NCL, but out of the Princess, CCL and RCL, only CCL grinds the beans first then manually makes the espresso, everyone else uses a full auto machine which doesn't quite work as well. For you starbucks fans, the only starbucks on the planet that still makes it the old fashion way is location number 1, at Pikes market.

Archived