PART 3!! **OFFICIAL** FUNNEL FUNATICS feelin' the BREEZE 11/24/12 US INAUGURAL!!!

Good mornin !

Well my post is in lala land lol

John came home from work yesterday with a new tv for the bedroom --he mounted it on the wall --22 inches and has a beautiful picure, Even a vuilt in vcr

Or friend Charlie came over for HH last night --you'd never know he had a stroke 0 he looks good and is talking normal. So glad he got to he hospital so quickly.

Coffee is on, all have a great day :)

Hi Vegas,

I've been watching to much HGTV. I'm planning on a complete remod. My plan is to have my entire house painted, tile 3 bathrooms, new kitchen cabinets, with granite counter tops, buy a new stove, have all of the carpet removed and replaced with hardwood floors. Boy am I glad I booked my cruises for 2013 and one is paid for. :eek: I'll be on a budget for awhile.

Portia

Apply for broadcast and see if you can get a HGTV show to do it for you.;):eek: Just be aware, it might be more trouble than it's worth based on blogs I've seen about how they do production on some of these shows.

That sounds fun. I, I mean we, may hang with your group and I am still considering going with Bounty Adventures, bad reviews and all for the Sunset Sail. $45 per person and for $9 per person, they will pick us up near Port and take us to city for Sunset Sail and bring us back. Plus, they advertise that if you book at least 7 days in advance, they will discount $10 per couple. Which would make it $98 per couple, transportation included. But hanging with your group a couple hours before that sounds fun.

Ron, at present, my "group" is myself, DW and SIL. Maybe Karen and John. Kinda informal. Open to anyone who wants to DIY walk around. No agenda, except a linen tablecloth store that DW has heard about. Open to heading anywhere that looks fun and scenic. So you and anyone else on the RC are more than welcome to hang with us for as long as you like. If there is a lot of interest, will probably not "formally" organize this until the M&G on the ship. Then just to establish a beginning meet-up point and time, general walking direction, and perhaps an 'achter-lopen' "resting" locale.

Good Morning Breezers!

I have sooooo much to ketchup on ... Linny how is your daughter doing after her surgery? Doxie, did you get a good report from your doctor?

I just don't know how long it's going to take me to get back into the swing of working & playing :o:o TIME MANAGEMENT is an acquired talent that I threw out the window in August of 2010 :D

WooHoo, i have the cruise paid for ... and I've booked my RT air ... now to decide on an overnight hotel??? Lots of research for the best $$$ value?? Stay in Ft Lauderdale & shuttle in the morning to Miami?? ... or shuttle to Miami & shuttle to port in the morning??? still have time to decide on this one :rolleyes:

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning Breezers!

I have sooooo much to ketchup on ... Linny how is your daughter doing after her surgery? Doxie, did you get a good report from your doctor?

I just don't know how long it's going to take me to get back into the swing of working & playing :o:o TIME MANAGEMENT is an acquired talent that I threw out the window in August of 2010 :D

WooHoo, i have the cruise paid for ... and I've booked my RT air ... now to decide on an overnight hotel??? Lots of research for the best $$$ value?? Stay in Ft Lauderdale & shuttle in the morning to Miami?? ... or shuttle to Miami & shuttle to port in the morning??? still have time to decide on this one :rolleyes:

Have a great day everyone!

Now if we can stay at the same hotel we can share a shuttle ride.. :D

I have a question about the Jolly Pirates excursion. Are we suppose to go ahead and book it now? I think I might have missed a post or two somewhere.

I know Chris was asking that too - I think he was gonna reach out to Pomme on FB to see if we have the go-ahead.

My group is doing the $20 Eastside tour with Irie Tours in Curacao.

Sheila,

How long is this tour. I am trying to decide. These are new ports for me and would like some landmarks. If I decide to take this tour, is there room in your group for one more?

Portia

Here is the info from their website:

bus.pngEast Side Tour

Coming to visit Curaçao on a cruise ship anytime soon? We have a special new tour for you. We start off in Otrobanda and go over the Queen Juliana Bridge (where you have a breathtaking view of downtown Willemstad). We enter the old Jewish neighborhood where we can see the monuments built by the first Jewish families that came to the island. We stop at the Curaçao liquer distillery where you can try the different flavors of Curaçao liquer. We take a ride through the beautiful Spanish Water area and after that we stop for 45 minutes at the Curaçao Sea Aquarium Beach.

The price for this trip is $20 and includes:

• Soda, bottled water and beer on the bus
  • Free entrance to the beach
  • No hidden charges!

There is also a thread on the Carnival CC board with good reviews here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1501210&page=19

I just sent them an email and they are holding space for us.

We plan to do the Best of Aruba and Beach tour in Aruba thru Carnival which also has some good reviews on that thread.

Thanks for the Irie Tours - Curacao info! I believe (and anyone out there please let me know if I'm wrong) but Curacao is the one stop that Floatie, Pomeee, Linda, or anyone else doesn't have a group thing set up for yet... right?

I know it's a quaint looking town, and I'd also love to hit a beach just for a little, so this sounds fun. Plus it's the port we are in late (2-11)... although I just looked at their website http://www.irietours.com/tours.php , and some of those other tours look good too!! Hmm, I'm not a planner, but I'd be interested if someone else wants to take the lead! (hint hint!) :p

Thanks for the Irie Tours - Curacao info! I believe (and anyone out there please let me know if I'm wrong) but Curacao is the one stop that Floatie, Pomeee, Linda, or anyone else doesn't have a group thing set up for yet... right?

I know it's a quaint looking town, and I'd also love to hit a beach just for a little, so this sounds fun. Plus it's the port we are in late (2-11)... although I just looked at their website http://www.irietours.com/tours.php , and some of those other tours look good too!! Hmm, I'm not a planner, but I'd be interested if someone else wants to take the lead! (hint hint!) :p

I thought we were looking at a sunset sail in Curacao? :confused: I'm so fracking confused. I think I'm going to leave Cass in charge of figuring out what we're doing where and I'll just give her my CC when she needs it (though I may have to think about that second part :p)

Hi everyone. Taking a much needed mental break and playing catch up. Work is absolutely crazy right now but my boss is out today and tomorrow so I'm trying to finally get caught up. Hardly anyone will be here tomorrow afternoon so I think I'm going to bring Vasher into work and give Cass a repreeve from his constant afternoon barking. We really hope he get's used to his crate soon :(

Good Evening Breezer Funatics!

Another day of stormy rainy weather here, we really need it though. This time last week if you walked on the grass you could hear it crunch under your feet! ;) I really hope we don't have an "active" hurricane season this year, as a civil service employee I'm mandated to work hurricane shelters etc :( I could use the K time, but really don't want to deal with that!

Now if we can stay at the same hotel we can share a shuttle ride.. :D

This would work well for me too "shared" shuttle is always cheaper than paying solo ...( gotta keep the potential bar bill in mind at all times! :D ) Once I determine where I'm staying on the Friday night, then maybe we can work something out???

Have a great night everyone

Good Evening Breezer Funatics!

Another day of stormy rainy weather here, we really need it though. This time last week if you walked on the grass you could hear it crunch under your feet! ;) I really hope we don't have an "active" hurricane season this year, as a civil service employee I'm mandated to work hurricane shelters etc :( I could use the K time, but really don't want to deal with that!

This would work well for me too "shared" shuttle is always cheaper than paying solo ...( gotta keep the potential bar bill in mind at all times! :D ) Once I determine where I'm staying on the Friday night, then maybe we can work something out???

Have a great night everyone

Oh crap.. We are doing the 2 day one before..:(

Hi peeps...sorry I've been AWOL again...what a week:eek: Thanks to all of you who inquired after my daughter...she is improving each day:) I finally took Liz to the Dr on Tues since she wasn't getting better. She was in there for awhile when the Dr called me in to tell me he called an ambulance because she had a rapid and eratic heart beat:eek: Turns out it stabilized in the ER...they think it was from a new drug she was on. After numerous tests they said she has a nasty virus. Today I had to bring Kailee for a consultation for gastric bypass surgery which looks like it will be in August...lasted 3 hours! Got home, started to work again and my phone rang...seems they found a "little something" on my chest Xray and I have to have a CT scan:eek: Seriously, you cannot make this stuff up!:rolleyes: There will be some serious HH at my house for TGIF!

Ward, your posts about the housecleaning were cracking me up!

Floatie, your post about the storms and the elevator were even better...LMAO! Thank you both!:D

Cass, we were looking for a sunset sail in Curacao, but didn't really come up with anything. Floatie has something in mind, but I guess she hasn't heard yet. Glad Vasher is doing well...I know it's very tiring in the beginning.....it does get better! Oh, and as far as I know, you can book Jolly Pirate in Aruba now...just tell them you're with Al's group (if we get 40 people, they'll pick us up in the Banana Bus).

Happy Friday Eve, all!

Hi peeps...sorry I've been AWOL again...what a week:eek: Thanks to all of you who inquired after my daughter...she is improving each day:) I finally took Liz to the Dr on Tues since she wasn't getting better. She was in there for awhile when the Dr called me in to tell me he called an ambulance because she had a rapid and eratic heart beat:eek: Turns out it stabilized in the ER...they think it was from a new drug she was on. After numerous tests they said she has a nasty virus. Today I had to bring Kailee for a consultation for gastric bypass surgery which looks like it will be in August...lasted 3 hours! Got home, started to work again and my phone rang...seems they found a "little something" on my chest Xray and I have to have a CT scan:eek: Seriously, you cannot make this stuff up!:rolleyes: There will be some serious HH at my house for TGIF!

Ward, your posts about the housecleaning were cracking me up!

Floatie, your post about the storms and the elevator were even better...LMAO! Thank you both!:D

Cass, we were looking for a sunset sail in Curacao, but didn't really come up with anything. Floatie has something in mind, but I guess she hasn't heard yet. Glad Vasher is doing well...I know it's very tiring in the beginning.....it does get better! Oh, and as far as I know, you can book Jolly Pirate in Aruba now...just tell them you're with Al's group (if we get 40 people, they'll pick us up in the Banana Bus).

Happy Friday Eve, all!

Thanks Linda! I've been meaning to say too, I'm so sorry about all the problems... and now with the CT for you... wishing you luck and good news!!

Archived