PART 3!! **OFFICIAL** FUNNEL FUNATICS feelin' the BREEZE 11/24/12 US INAUGURAL!!!

Hi guys...with all the VIFP complaining, etc...I had to step away from CC for a few days. It was just too much!

I hope you're all having a great Friday...I need to get caught up! :D

Safe in here at least... can't vouch for the rest of the threads... :p Happy Hours soon! w00t!

Hi peeps...sorry I've been AWOL again...what a week:eek: Thanks to all of you who inquired after my daughter...she is improving each day:) I finally took Liz to the Dr on Tues since she wasn't getting better. She was in there for awhile when the Dr called me in to tell me he called an ambulance because she had a rapid and eratic heart beat:eek: Turns out it stabilized in the ER...they think it was from a new drug she was on. After numerous tests they said she has a nasty virus. Today I had to bring Kailee for a consultation for gastric bypass surgery which looks like it will be in August...lasted 3 hours! Got home, started to work again and my phone rang...seems they found a "little something" on my chest Xray and I have to have a CT scan:eek: Seriously, you cannot make this stuff up!:rolleyes: There will be some serious HH at my house for TGIF!

Ward, your posts about the housecleaning were cracking me up!

Floatie, your post about the storms and the elevator were even better...LMAO! Thank you both!:D

Cass, we were looking for a sunset sail in Curacao, but didn't really come up with anything. Floatie has something in mind, but I guess she hasn't heard yet. Glad Vasher is doing well...I know it's very tiring in the beginning.....it does get better! Oh, and as far as I know, you can book Jolly Pirate in Aruba now...just tell them you're with Al's group (if we get 40 people, they'll pick us up in the Banana Bus).

Happy Friday Eve, all!

Sounds like you needed some levity. Best wishes to you and your family!

Amen Vegas, Happy TGIF funatics!!!

We'll do a re-cap update of where we are for each port, and I will update over in the group area and fb!! I am working with Irie in Curacao to see what can be done for a private group within our hours, otherwise I will be one of the happy wanderers around town and then ending up at one of the waterfront area bars for happy hours:D Don't really want any beach time in Curacao with our hours there, plus the other ports' activities. I really want to see some of the town, our first time there too!

Floatie...buried some where on one or more of these threads--here, group area, roll call, fb--on La Romana in addition to your jet boat and Dreams A.I., there were some folks talking about just heading up to Altos de Chavon (the fake medival village, nee, movie set). There's public bus and there's taxis and there's tours to this place. So perhaps you can mention it as an option in your port update and those wishing to DIY might link up.

Doxie...we had some of that rain, but not the wind up here. Worst thing my shoes and bottom of pants got soaked walking to the car in the parking lot. Best thing, it washed all the construction trucks' mud/dirt tracks off the pavement on our cul de sac.

Suppose to be high and dry this weekend. A big early HAPPY DAD's DAY to all Dads (that includes new "Alpha Dog"-Dad, Chris).

Good morning funatics!!

Portia, there is nothing full now, so all you gotta do is decide what you want to do:) That remodel sounds fabulous, we want before and after's!!! LOVE HGTV!!

Hi Floatie,

I didn't think about taking pics, but will. I'm still working on contractors to give me quotes.

Decisions, decisions :D

Apply for broadcast and see if you can get a HGTV show to do it for you.;):eek: Just be aware, it might be more trouble than it's worth based on blogs I've seen about how they do production on some of these shows.

Can you give me details. I have never seen them come to CA. It would be nice to meet those guys. I love watching all of them.

Here is the info from their website:

bus.pngEast Side Tour

Coming to visit Curaçao on a cruise ship anytime soon? We have a special new tour for you. We start off in Otrobanda and go over the Queen Juliana Bridge (where you have a breathtaking view of downtown Willemstad). We enter the old Jewish neighborhood where we can see the monuments built by the first Jewish families that came to the island. We stop at the Curaçao liquer distillery where you can try the different flavors of Curaçao liquer. We take a ride through the beautiful Spanish Water area and after that we stop for 45 minutes at the Curaçao Sea Aquarium Beach.

The price for this trip is $20 and includes:

• Soda, bottled water and beer on the bus
  • Free entrance to the beach
  • No hidden charges!

There is also a thread on the Carnival CC board with good reviews here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1501210&page=19

I just sent them an email and they are holding space for us.

We plan to do the Best of Aruba and Beach tour in Aruba thru Carnival which also has some good reviews on that thread.

Sounds good. I'll decide next week. Do you pay when you get there?

Linda, I hope your test comes out negative, and pass a get well soon message onto your daughter.

Sounds good. I'll decide next week. Do you pay when you get there?

Linda, I hope your test comes out negative, and pass a get well soon message onto your daughter.

Yes you pay when you get there. However, Floatie s also checking on this tour for the big group so I'll wait to see what she comes up with.

Floatie...buried some where on one or more of these threads--here, group area, roll call, fb--on La Romana in addition to your jet boat and Dreams A.I., there were some folks talking about just heading up to Altos de Chavon (the fake medival village, nee, movie set). There's public bus and there's taxis and there's tours to this place. So perhaps you can mention it as an option in your port update and those wishing to DIY might link up.

Doxie...we had some of that rain, but not the wind up here. Worst thing my shoes and bottom of pants got soaked walking to the car in the parking lot. Best thing, it washed all the construction trucks' mud/dirt tracks off the pavement on our cul de sac.

Suppose to be high and dry this weekend. A big early HAPPY DAD's DAY to all Dads (that includes new "Alpha Dog"-Dad, Chris).

Lisa and I signed up for Carnivals' Altos de Chavon and River Cruise. Jurassic Park and some Apocolypse now filmed along the river.Hence, the movie set. We also signed with www.bountyadventures.com for the Sunset cruise. On their site, it says $45 but it was $40 when I got confirmation. Plus early birds signing up at least 7 days in advance get $10 off per couple. So after signing up for their pick-up service ($9 PP for round trip), it will cost me $88 for the 2 of us to participate in Sunset cruise. In Curacao. PLUS, they didn't charge my credit card. They just ask for CC info to hold reservation. Some say they received some bad reviews but that may just be some very minor amount of VERY vocal vcomplainers. Maybe same people on CC complaining about the VIFP program!! :D

Thanks Stephen. This is as close as I'm ever going to get :p

I'm booked for the Jolly Pirates in Aruba. Just awaiting my confirmation.

Leaving soon, Vasher will be getting his first bath tonight. Should be interesting :D

Did you write you were with Als' group in comments? That is how they are counting how many have signed on with them. If they reach 40 people, they will most likely send the Banana Bus to get us there and back.

Lisa and I signed up for Carnivals' Altos de Chavon and River Cruise. Jurassic Park and some Apocolypse now filmed along the river.Hence, the movie set. We also signed with www.bountyadventures.com for the Sunset cruise. On their site, it says $45 but it was $40 when I got confirmation. Plus early birds signing up at least 7 days in advance get $10 off per couple. So after signing up for their pick-up service ($9 PP for round trip), it will cost me $88 for the 2 of us to participate in Sunset cruise. In Curacao. PLUS, they didn't charge my credit card. They just ask for CC info to hold reservation. Some say they received some bad reviews but that may just be some very minor amount of VERY vocal vcomplainers. Maybe same people on CC complaining about the VIFP program!! :D

Very true about Bounty.. but since we are doing boat-type excursions now on both La Romana and Aruba, I think I'll be all boated out! :p

Hi Floatie,

I didn't think about taking pics, but will. I'm still working on contractors to give me quotes.

Decisions, decisions :D

WOOHOO sounds fun though!! Don't forget to get online with the state bureaus and check out the contractor's record and license numbers, get proof of insurance, etc...:)

Then you get to the fun parts, picking out new stuff!!:D

Very true about Bounty.. but since we are doing boat-type excursions now on both La Romana and Aruba, I think I'll be all boated out! :p

True that! I believe we will be joining you two on Jolly Pirates so it will be fun seeing you two. Hearing about Vasher and reading your reviews have been a lot of fun and makes it seems like we are long friends. Where can I find the new Blog Chris was telling us you started?

TGIF, Funatics! This was a long one! Then work suddenly went crazy today, so I am REALLY happy it's Fri nite! Thank you all for your thoughts and good wishes...it really helps.:)

Dox, sending positive thoughts your way as well...we will hang in there together!;)

Happy Birthday, Lynne! Ahhhh, to be 29 again...wouldn't it be nice;)

Floatie, glad you're home safe...hope you're having a cocktail:D

Chris & Cass, glad Vasher is adjusting to the crate...that will help. Lexi tries to herd cats on a regular basis...doesn't usually work to her favor...LOL! Today my DD's cat came up from her apt and he is a mean SOB...too bad Lexi tends to forget that:eek: Feline amnesia or sumpin......

Portia, good luck picking a contractor...it's tricky to find a good one from what I hear. Fortunately Dave did all the remodeling here (with the help of a couple of friends), so we didn't have to go that route. Don't forget to take before pics!

Have a good one, all!:)

True that! I believe we will be joining you two on Jolly Pirates so it will be fun seeing you two. Hearing about Vasher and reading your reviews have been a lot of fun and makes it seems like we are long friends. Where can I find the new Blog Chris was telling us you started?

I added a link to it in my siggie here (under the countdowns..) but it won't have new info yet for my fellow CC'ers - right now it's just a port of our CC reviews... but eventually (hopefully in a week or so) we'll get new stuff on there!! Subscribe! LOL! (yeah all about the self-advertising, lol)

Hey there, trying to slip one by us are ya???

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYNNE!!!!:D

Lynne!!! Happy Birthday Girl! Hope you're living it up!

TGIF, Funatics! This was a long one! Then work suddenly went crazy today, so I am REALLY happy it's Fri nite! Thank you all for your thoughts and good wishes...it really helps.:)

Dox, sending positive thoughts your way as well...we will hang in there together!

Happy Birthday, Lynne! Ahhhh, to be 29 again...wouldn't it be nice

Floatie, glad you're home safe...hope you're having a cocktail

Chris & Cass, glad Vasher is adjusting to the crate...that will help. Lexi tries to herd cats on a regular basis...doesn't usually work to her favor...LOL! Today my DD's cat came up from her apt and he is a mean SOB...too bad Lexi tends to forget that:eek: Feline amnesia or sumpin......

Portia, good luck picking a contractor...it's tricky to find a good one from what I hear. Fortunately Dave did all the remodeling here (with the help of a couple of friends), so we didn't have to go that route. Don't forget to take before pics!

Hope you're doing great Linnie ;) Have had you in my thoughts today!

Poor baby had his first accident in his crate during the morning today. I had no idea, thought he was just barking like he had been for the past couple days (with the exception of yesterday) so just ignored, since he'd been great at holding it all week. But I guess his little puppy bladder just couldn't take it for 4 hours today unlike the other days, we both felt sooo bad!!! At least he had a great afternoon - he had a field trip with Chris to his work, was a champ for the 7 mile drive with Chris, and was practically an angel all afternoon for him. Then he got to have another new experience with his first BATH . .woo! little rug rat!

TGIF alll!!!! Have a great weekend :D

Thanks Stephen. This is as close as I'm ever going to get :p

I'm booked for the Jolly Pirates in Aruba. Just awaiting my confirmation.

Leaving soon, Vasher will be getting his first bath tonight. Should be interesting :D

Hi Chris! How did Vasher's bath go today?:)

TGIF, Funatics!

Happy Birthday, Lynne! Ahhhh, to be 29 again...wouldn't it be nice;)

Floatie, glad you're home safe...hope you're having a cocktail:D

Thank you..

You can be 29 too.. I figure anyone(except Ms. Understood)can be 29.. ;):D

Archived