Nativeway or Capt Marvin's how far in advance to book?

AAAMom

We only booked about 2 weeks in advance for Captain Marvin's. Arrived and discoverd the boat was out of service (glass bottom). We were very disappointed. They at first had a "oh, well, what can you do??" attitude. I told them I was so surprised after hearing mostly good things about them on cruise critic.

So, after we asked them to, they called around to a few of their competitors to see if we could get into another tour. No luck. At least they lent us (no charge) snorkel equipment and drove us to teh beach. (where the snorkeling wasn't so hot.......water was too choppy)

Would I book with Cap. marvin's again? Nope, at least not for the glass bottom boat, seems it's prone to malfuctions.

By the way, keep in mind Grand Cayman time (during daylite savings time) is one hour behind ship time. No need to rush off the ship.

Booked with Captain Marvin last summer. I had a blast, i highly recommend them. There were only 6 people on our tour. A lot better than booking through the cruiseline. I saw the other boats and they were packed with people. We also bought the dvd they shot of us on our excursion. It was very well done, and totally worth the $50..

• 2 weeks later...

Six months out is plenty of time. I would wait until after the 2005 Hurricane season to see what happens to any of the islands. Nativeway may also sail when ships tour might cancel due to rough seas. They will also drop you off at a beach if you have time and wish to stop. Taxi's are usually easy to find @ Seagrapes beach.

Bon Voyage

We went with Nativeway and booked it 2 weeks before our cruise (we waited because we did not know what we wanted to do ). I would not suggest to wait until the last minute because if the excursion is booked you are out of luck.

We really enjoyed ourselves with Nativeway!

We just booked with Cpt. Marvins for the stingray city for our cruise the first week of Aug. We booked it last week. I emailed them and told them that we had eight in our party and they said that we could book the 10am half day still had room. So we took that since we are all early risers.

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked with Nativeways today for December (so 6 months ahead). I called because I heard they were pretty slow with email. The lady I spoke with said they prefer not to book more than 4 months in advance because the ships schedules vary and they don't want to give me a start time and have to call everyone back to change it. But, she said since I called she would go ahead and book me and let me know if the time changed. Now I'm really excited!

Archived