Cabin #8539 on the Grandeur - Does it exist?

brentp

Considering booking a cruise and have a hold with this cabin. Problem is that it is not on the deck plans.

I think they may be filling in the study on Deck 8 with staterooms during her upcoming drydock, . . . however, I can not find anything that would confirm this. Does anyone know if there are plans to do this and/or where this stateroom may be?

And, for what it is worth - RCCL help does not know - was told the stateroom is likely a glitch and I should not book it. Odd. :confused:

That's correct, they're adding cabins in the middle of decks 7 and 8. I find it unbelievable that they can sell cabins but still not have deck plans. The ship goes into dry dock today - surely they know what the deck plans will be :rolleyes:

Yes, you're correct. They are adding new cabins in the middle of decks 7 and 8. The ship goes into dry dock today and it beggars belief that they still don't have deck plans showing these decks after refurbishment. :rolleyes:

You may be interested to read this (if you have lots of time!). There has been a real mix up with cabin numbers on Rhapsody following her refurbishment as cabin locations were moved due to the addition of new cabins http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1613815

You may be interested to read this (if you have lots of time!). There has been a real mix up with cabin numbers on Rhapsody following her refurbishment as cabin locations were moved due to the addition of new cabins http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1613815

Yup I read through some of that link that to see if I could figure out what they were doing with the Grandeur, . . . the Rhapsody reconfiguration is a real mess.

Looks like to me on the Grandeur, they opted to go with currently non-existent odd numbered cabin #s for the new centrum cabins versus realigning cabin numbers to maintain even numbers for the outside. Lets hope so and that they avoid repeating their mistakes.

Anyway, . . . strange as this is, we went ahead and paid for this cruise with this cabin without knowing exactly where we will be, . . . with the assumption being we will be located where the study is currently and we will be happy. Of course, we might get a surprise when we board and get stuck somewhere else.

I'm sure we will get updates before we sail end of June, but if not, we will be sure to let folks know.

brentp I'm sure you'll be fine as that cabin number didn't exist before and fits right into where the middle of the ship is - it's the cabins on the aft which have been affected.

So, if you're sailing the end of June is that the 22? We'll be on that sailing too :)

So, if you're sailing the end of June is that the 22? We'll be on that sailing too :)

Yes it is. :)

Looking forward to it too. See you on board!

The new deck plans are now available and your cabin is right there :D

It's there, but by the description, it doesn't say it has a balcony, and appears to be smaller than the adjacent cabins, so you may want to check it out. Happy cruisin', Paul

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=BR&shipCode=GR&shipProfile=1479&sailDate=1120531&hasNavigation=false

It's there' date=' but by the description, it doesn't say it has a balcony, and appears to be smaller than the adjacent cabins, so you may want to check it out. Happy cruisin', Paul

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=BR&shipCode=GR&shipProfile=1479&sailDate=1120531&hasNavigation=false[/quote']

As the OP said in post #2 it's an outside stateroom, not a balcony stateroom. I believe these new 'middle' cabins are outside cabins but with full length windows.

As the OP said in post #2 it's an outside stateroom, not a balcony stateroom. I believe these new 'middle' cabins are outside cabins but with full length windows.

Yahoo!, . . . we took a chance and it paid off. Yes, these were marketed as Cat F Outside cabins. Thanks for posting to let me know the new plans are there - exactly what we thought they would do, but it is sure nice to see a deck plan now.

We too are hoping they keep the large window structure from the old study. Either way, nice outside cabin on Deck 8! :D

Archived