do i upgrade?

hi i have never cruised with rc before and have only ever cruised with a inside cabin with other companys i am booked to go on a 2 week cruise round the med in june and booked a prom inside cabin. i looked online and they have a baclony guarentee cabin for only £77 pp more than what i have paid, i have spoken to my ta and they said that i can upgrade. is it worth upgrading are the rooms bigger? also has anyone book a guarentee cabin befor do you get the smaller cabins?.... how does it work? thankyou

hi i have never cruised with rc before and have only ever cruised with a inside cabin with other companys i am booked to go on a 2 week cruise round the med in june and booked a prom inside cabin. i looked online and they have a baclony guarentee cabin for only £77 pp more than what i have paid, i have spoken to my ta and they said that i can upgrade. is it worth upgrading are the rooms bigger? also has anyone book a guarentee cabin befor do you get the smaller cabins?.... how does it work? thankyou

It would be worth it to me to be in a balcony from an inside for that cost. Even if you don't go out on the balcony much, the stateroom is so much brighter because the sliding door is a window. Just be prepared to take any balcony on the ship. Which ship?

77 isn't that big a price bracket so you should upgrade. That way you can experience something you haven't tried before and see what all the fuss is about :)

You sound like you are apprehensive about the deal. Can you share why you are concerned about the deal.

My first two cruises were oceanviews and my cruises since, with the exception of my first balcony last fall, have been insides. I enjoyed the balcony, I might add that I am a solo cruiser, but I would rather cruise more often for a lower price. My balcony was at a very good rate and if I were married it would be great to spend the private time with my partner but solo, I can take it or leave. I would love to hear your thoughts.

That's a great price to upgrade for 14 days! I would definitely grab it - you'll appreciate the natural light and opportunity for fresh air!

I absolutely agree- especially for 14 days! The views from your balcony in the Med must be gorgeous. Enjoy your balcony cabin! :)

As long as it a TOTAL of 77 pp, not pp/per DAY. Then YES. I would jump at it. Especially since it's 14 days. Cruising the Med and getting to see all the scenery from your own private balcony. Oh, heck yes.

Erika

I've never been in anything but a balcony +. I have walked past the inside rooms. OMG are they small :eek:. Several people I work with that went on cruises their first time took an inside and said they hated the cruise. You have to lay on the bed to watch the TV. But, for a 14 day, I would take it no questions asked. Lots of room and you can sit on the balcony, watch the sun set, listen to the sea. Nothing like it.

Stop everything you are doing and RUN to the phone and call your TA and say - Yes, yes, yes I would like to upgrade for that price. (As long as that is for the whole cruise and not per day.)

Have a wonderful time and then come back and write a review for the rest of us who are jealous and can not go.

E-Beth

As long as it a TOTAL of 77 pp, not pp/per DAY.

That was my reaction -- the RCI website usually quotes the upgrade at per person, per day. So if it is 14 nights it would actually cost you 1078 per person for the upgrade. If it is really just 77 for the whole cruise than it is a no-brainer: Go for it!

It's in the independence on the 30th of June, I'm only not sure as it's close to sail date and I am saving hard for spending money and wasn't sure if I would be in my room enough to make the most of it weather we could spend that money on a another trip..... seems like you all think I should take the plonge and go for it tho :)

It's in the independence on the 30th of June, I'm only not sure as it's close to sail date and I am saving hard for spending money and wasn't sure if I would be in my room enough to make the most of it weather we could spend that money on a another trip..... seems like you all think I should take the plonge and go for it tho :)

For 77 pounds, I figure about $215 in US. That is not even a deposit for another cruise so go for it.

Went to book it today and they said it's now 158 pp. Even tho the web price is still 1.399 not sure why I said to my ta that's it's still that price online she said that the price is for new bookings only. Gutted was going to phone up rc directly but when I have one this before they said that because I booked with ta I have to go throughout them and not directly:(

Just make sure it wasn't pp per day. When doing booking online there was a pop up saying for just X amt upgrade to JS. I think oit was like 129. BUT it was per person per day. Be sure it is 77 for the cruise. Sounds too good to be true. But if it is by all means take it!

:)

Another thing about having a balcony - you have a comfortable place to eat breakfast every morning. When I don't have a balcony I end up eating breakfast in the Windjammer. (IMHO, the inside and OV cabins are too small for having a nice breakfast unless you're traveling by yourself.)

Having breakfast delivered to your stateroom and enjoying it out on your balcony is a wonderful way to start the day.

It was def pp for the whole holiday i checked... Do u have to

pay to have your breakfast delivered to your room?

You do not. It is customary to give the server who drops it off a dollar or two.

Archived