I wonder if anyone else does this upon entering Explorer?

This is just out of curiosity, but when I first enter Explorer and there is that mass cluster of people waiting for the elevators, I go up the stairs 2 floors and that takes me to the Royal Promenade. Then I can walk down the other end and get an empty elevator. I love this strategy, does anyone else do this out of curiosity? I just hate the cluster of people waiting for an elevator.

I don't, but thats a good idea!

Something that I do is if everyone is waiting for an elevator to go up and none are coming I'll push the button to go down even if I want to go up cause then an elevator usually comes, I get in and go down 1 floor then go up to where I want lol cause sometimes theres like 50 people waiting for 1 elevator its crazy! (this does not work if you are on the 2nd floor but works on other floors) :D

This is just out of curiosity, but when I first enter Explorer and there is that mass cluster of people waiting for the elevators, I go up the stairs 2 floors and that takes me to the Royal Promenade. Then I can walk down the other end and get an empty elevator. I love this strategy, does anyone else do this out of curiosity? I just hate the cluster of people waiting for an elevator.

Another elevator evasive move I make is to take the opposite port/starboard elevator banks than what is announced for disembarking and embarking at ports...works great!

Pretty much worked on all ships but now everyone knows. Thanks a lot:(

I am totally sorry, I waited so long to ask that because I didn't want to give it away!:eek: But now I did, I just had to ask because I think its genius. Promenade is empty too, its really nice.

Maybe so but they are also a huge barrier and impossibility for some.

You are correct, but for me that is the plan along with the longer walks daily to my aft cabin. I am on vacation so you won't see me up early walking the decks or in the gym. I take advantage of the built in 'exercise' that is already available to me throughout the day.

juan

Since DH must use a scooter, we use the 'opposite strategy' most of the time. It is hard to get on an elevator with the scooter when there is a crowd waiting.

Archived