Open on sundays

Velvet Teddy Bear

Probably some stores in downtown Oranjestad will be closed for shopping, but you can always head down to Palm Beach and the malls there. Sometimes it depends upon the number of ships in town that day.

Otherwise, EVERYTHING, excluding a very limited number of restaurants, will be open and fully functioning.

• 3 months later...

I will be there for a Sunday...for the second time :( Not a lot is open, and since this trip we will be there from 7-12:30 am, even less (many restaurants that do open open after about 11).

I did discover that there is a large flea market on Sat and Sundays that is open in the morning:). If I have the location correct it is LG Smith Blvd 144.

• 4 months later...
Well, my time is comming,,,,so need to figure out where/what to do....

jim

Hi Jim,

We're doing Norwegian Sun Nov 2013 and the ship is there from 1pm-8pm, just like your cruise. I've read that some of the tours only run in the morning. The first two will cater to whatever you want to do, i.e., shop, beach, city tour, etc. The third has a planned itenerary but looks like it could be fun.

Amador Lacle of Bully Taxi does a 3-hr tour but usually extends it to 4. I've read a lot of great reviews on him and he writes back the same day. His email: bulytaxi79@hotmail.com. He was only doing the morning tour in November 2013 but you might have more luck.

If Amador is busy, he recommends the following:

Ivan, his email: ijordijk@setarnet.aw. I have yet to hear back from Ivan and I emailed him yesterday.

You can also check out the following, I've heard tour guide Esther is good. The cost for 1/2 day tour is $160 for 3 people:

http://www.toursbylocals.com

I'm still trying to decide, please let me know what you find. I look forward to reading your review when you return. This will be my first time to Aruba.

Archived