Need your...Input - Easter 2013

Just off the Freedom 2 weeks ago and looking at booking for 2013. Kids have their spring break every year around Easter. Last 2 years we went FoS...which was awesome doing West then East Caribbean. Now looking at possibly trying another ship...here are the Caribbean options for next year priced highest to lowest:

• Allure of the seas 7nights/8days Eastern Caribbean
  • Oasis of the seas 7nights Western Caribbean
  • Independence of the seas 8nights/9days Eastern Caribbean OR
  • Freedom of the seas 7nights/8days Western Caribbean

We loved the Freedom...so that is our 1st choice...but the extra day on the Independence is very appealing, plus the new ports. My only concern is that the Independence has not gone through its make-over and that may aesthetically have a negatice impact our experience. Is the additional cost worth the Allure or the Oasis? :confused:

Your thoughts, comments and experiences welcome...thanks!! :D

Just off the Freedom 2 weeks ago and looking at booking for 2013. Kids have their spring break every year around Easter. Last 2 years we went FoS...which was awesome doing West then East Caribbean. Now looking at possibly trying another ship...here are the Caribbean options for next year priced highest to lowest:

• Allure of the seas 7nights/8days Eastern Caribbean
  • Oasis of the seas 7nights Western Caribbean
  • Independence of the seas 8nights/9days Eastern Caribbean OR
  • Freedom of the seas 7nights/8days Western Caribbean

We loved the Freedom...so that is our 1st choice...but the extra day on the Independence is very appealing, plus the new ports. My only concern is that the Independence has not gone through its make-over and that may aesthetically have a negatice impact our experience. Is the additional cost worth the Allure or the Oasis? :confused:

Your thoughts, comments and experiences welcome...thanks!! :D

This is a hard one, you have some great options there.

Id be tempted to go Independence for the 8 days, however it's difficult because on ship Id go for Oasis or Allure. Dont be putvoff though about Independence been pre makeover. Shes 'different' not 'worse' i would say.

At the end of the day, you'll never know if you dont experience it. You've done Freedom class so give the Oasis a go. A great itinerary and a great ship.

If youre struggling draw thrm out of a hat. Yu cant make a wrong decision, four great options

Big Keith

We did the 8 night on the Navigator this past Easter and are booked on the Indy for the 2013 run. I don't think you'll be disappointed in the ship even if it's yet to undergo a dry-dock.

Unless you're driving, Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale is much easier to get to/from the airport to the cruise port.

My vote is also for Indy. We sailed on her for Christmas one year and we will be sailing again on her for NYE.

While we would LOVE to sale on Oasis or Allure, I just cannot seem to pay those prices.

And as stated earlier, an extra day would be FABULOUS!!!

I absolutely would not do FOS again - you've already done both itineraries, and it's time to see a new ship with different shows.

Any of your other options would be wonderful! To be honest, I'd probably pick the one with the best price.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived