Is this a good deal?

Just received an upsell call. My original cabin is a standard balcony on the lido deck. They offered me an upgrade to an OV Suite on the Empress deck. The price is $600.40, which is a savings of $559.60.

I did a mock booking to see how much I would be saving. The thought of having a bigger cabin seems nice, but....how much time do I really spend in the cabin? Also we do not need priority debarkation. We are staying on the ship as long as possible b/c our flight leaves the following day.

My husband is busy at work, so i'm on my own. Is an OV Suite worth an extra $600.40? We were kinda excited to be staying on the lido deck for the first time also. Hmmmm what do you all think?

Just received an upsell call. My original cabin is a standard balcony on the lido deck. They offered me an upgrade to an OV Suite on the Empress deck. The price is $600.40, which is a savings of $559.60.

I did a mock booking to see how much I would be saving. The thought of having a bigger cabin seems nice, but....how much time do I really spend in the cabin? Also we do not need priority debarkation. We are staying on the ship as long as possible b/c our flight leaves the following day.

My husband is busy at work, so i'm on my own. Is an OV Suite worth an extra $600.40? We were kinda excited to be staying on the lido deck for the first time also. Hmmmm what do you all think?

I would rather spend my money on other things. As you already have said....how much time are you going to spend in your room?

I don't know if it is a "good deal" or not, but I wouldn't spend an extra $600 for a suite if I already had a balcony. I just don't spend enough time in the room to warrant it. I personally would keep the $600 and spend it elsewhere.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
The guy who called said the OV suite has a balcony also. IDK i'm so torn..:confused:

Since there are only two of you, I would stick with the balcony. Hey, they may just come down in price!

I wouldn't do it. I don't think that sounds like that great a deal. Plus already having a balcony on the Lido deck. That's a sweet location. I say keep what you have and use the extra money somewhere else.

If you think it's a good deal, it's a good deal.:)

I would decline though. We've stayed in a few suites. On CCL they are not much different than a balcony....just a little larger and have a tub..and vip boarding. Not worth $600 to me.

I agree with all of you. Called him back and declined the offer. I'll use that extra $600 towards my next vacation.

I love this board, you all are wonderful...thanks :)

...and you still have a great room!:)

STAY WHERE YOU ARE! A lido deck balcony cabin is good enough! Keep your $600!! It's not worth moving to a suite for that price, the only thing you would get, that you don't need, other than a larger cabin is a bathtub, but I'd give up a bathtub for $600!!

Archived