Cabana Rentals in GSC Available for Shorex on NCL Site

I am booked for Feb 2013 Western Caribbean on the Pearl, and the shore excursions section in MYNCL now includes cabana rentals on GSC for the day for $249.

Cabana On The Cay

Your private cabana comes with everything you need to enjoy your stay on the Cay. Start your day with priority tender tickets, making it easy to get ashore. Bottled water and fruit await your arrival. Once you have settled in; enjoy the sea on a complementary float and all day access to the Hippo water slide. You'll also receive a $50 credit towards food and beverages while on the Cay. Note: Price listed is per cabana (not per person) and is good for up to 6 guests; therefore only one person needs to reserve the cabana. Use of the Hippo slide requires a waiver to be completed by each person staying in the cabana and will be delivered to your stateroom. Hippo water slide participants must be at least 42 inches in height.

Hmm...I'm terribly tempted to get one for our cruise. Does anyone know how many of these are available to book? It would be great to get an idea where these are located on the island in relation to everything else...

It isn't too bad a price considering the $50 credit which we'll spend on booze most likely! ;)

Hippo slide is quite a distance from the cabanas.

They are up on a hill, so not close to the beach either. Might be good for a family with children who would get some use out of the slide but then again you could not stay in the cabana and also watch your kids...

And it might make sense if you plan on ordering from the bar...

For us it would not be worth it...

Thanks for the update! I reserved one for our family. Knowing how ridiculously cheap I am, they will think they have all died and gone to heaven! We need shade (and the clamshells are very nice, but there are five of us, and two friends travelling with...) and the hippo slide is very fun, and having water and fruit waiting....well.....life is good! I daresay that beverage credit will be gone quite quickly!

I am intrigued by the "FOOD and beverage" credit wording.....what food needs purchased? The lunch buffet is included....

They are up on a hill, so not close to the beach either. Might be good for a family with children who would get some use out of the slide but then again you could not stay in the cabana and also watch your kids...

And it might make sense if you plan on ordering from the bar...

For us it would not be worth it...

Wow I think NCL is trying to pay for the building for all the cabana's in 3 months.

$50 food and beverage obc is this for real or are they going to start charging for food.

Fruit basket come on! are they for real, you can take all the fruit you want off the ship with you. Actually they are putting these fruit baskets together with all the fruit that the Latitude folks don't eat including the ones we leave behind.

Stick with us and stay on the ship and enjoy the quietness of the pool area, no chair hogs very few ankle bitters, no line ups for food.

SHOOT! I said I would never give our secret away.

Wow I think NCL is trying to pay for the building for all the cabana's in 3 months.

Whatever people are willing to pay is what they can charge. I've already booked our cabana our honeymoon cruise! :D

wow, that's a terrible location!!! and you don't get a private beach.. :(

Royal Caribbean's cabanas on Labadee and their private suite beach is heaven! We were suite guests in December of 2010, but didn't rent the cabana. cabana prices are comparable, RCI charges 180 to 250, I believe.

On labadee, you get a private beach, secluded from the rest, just for all suite guests, for free. Free suite buffet, with steaks, lobster, etc.

Cabanas are extra, but they are right on the water, and some are in the water [posts in water].

That beach - called Barefoot, was amazing. I"d book a suite again on Royal, just to experience it again.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSiteletSub.do?pagename=sub_labadee_barefoot_beach&pagenameMain=labadee&discriminators=3

labadee_new_image_14.jpg

labadee_waterfront_cabana.jpg

labadee_hilltop_cabana.jpg

4924846083_397c542d48_m.jpg

Archived