Several Discounts went into effect today for June/July 2012 Alaska Cruises

Hey All,

I did a price check today even though we made final payment, RCI put 55+ and active/former military discounts on our 7/13/12 cruise, and we were able to upgrade our inside to a balcony for less than $200, and I was able to upgrade my parents from a D2 to a Junior Suite for no cost! Some of the prices were 50% less than they were before final booking this past weekend. If you're already booked, check for upgrades. If you've been waiting and you qualify, check it out quick!

L.J.

Hey All,

I did a price check today even though we made final payment, RCI put 55+ and active/former military discounts on our 7/13/12 cruise, and we were able to upgrade our inside to a balcony for less than $200, and I was able to upgrade my parents from a D2 to a Junior Suite for no cost! Some of the prices were 50% less than they were before final booking this past weekend. If you're already booked, check for upgrades. If you've been waiting and you qualify, check it out quick!

L.J.

Wonderful! I love booking directly with Royal for just that reason. I did the same thing for my May 10 Explorer cruise--took advantage of a senior discount and went from a D2 to a JS for $140.

Hey All,

L.J.

Hey L.J. - hope you and Bev are well!

Liz

Hi, I could only find reductions for Radiance not Rhapsody - anyone know any different?

Rhapsody is showing a price drop of around $70pp for 55+ for insides, and a drop of $150pp for military discounts for July 2012...

L.J.

You can make changes after final payment? I was always told you can't? Congrats on the upgrades!!

You can upgrade the category of your original room for free as long as the higher category room is the same price or less than what you paid for your original room. You can also always upgrade to a better cabin and pay the new lower difference - as long as they are available. For instance - the OP snagging a balcony over an interior for less than $200 total...that room originally was probably about $1000 more than an interior, but because the price fell she was able to upgrade and pay the new, lower difference. Another reason to price check EVERY single day!

The web site says you need your DD214 showing 2 years of active duty. I book thru USAA so I've never been asked for it, but I bring it with me at check in just in case. Military discounts are getting much less frequent, but every now and then one becomes available.

The web site says you need your DD214 showing 2 years of active duty. I book thru USAA so I've never been asked for it, but I bring it with me at check in just in case. Military discounts are getting much less frequent, but every now and then one becomes available.

I think three of our crusies we've gotten the military discount applied, and while I always bring it of course, I've yet to be asked for my DD214. Still, better safe than sorry:D!

L.J.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, we have been told that we do not qualify due to the fact that we booked the land tour/cruise together. We think that stinks. RCI knows the break down of the prices and should let us get in on the deal. This the 2nd drop in the last week or so.

Archived