I just KNOW I'm gonna get flamed ...

Is there anyone else out there who would rather not see the MDR waiters entertain every night? I'd rather sit and enjoy my tablemates' company than have to have the blasting music, etc. One time during the week would be fine, but it is too much every night.

I'm guessing it helps relieve the waiters' stress level to "let it all out," but I would much rather not have them trying to rush the dinner so they can be ready to entertain.

Is there anyone else out there who would rather not see the MDR waiters entertain every night? I'd rather sit and enjoy my tablemates' company than have to have the blasting music, etc. One time during the week would be fine, but it is too much every night.

I'm guessing it helps relieve the waiters' stress level to "let it all out," but I would much rather not have them trying to rush the dinner so they can be ready to entertain.

LMAO.....I think they hate it as much as you do:D

They did it every night on both the Inspiration last October and the Sensation this March. Every single night was just horrible.

It was clear that the wait staff hated to do it, and the passengers had to be polite and pretend it was entertaining.

One night was worse than the next. Sometimes they paraded around with their arms waving in the air and that was literally the entire thing. Other nights they would sing a song, but none of them had talent.

I enjoyed the magician from the Inspiration who went to each table. The Sensation did not have a magician.

I heard from a few people that it's possible that "real" entertainment during dinner could be found in the assigned dining MDR. We had anytime dining.

I know on our last cruises they didn't do it each night, maybe depends on the lenght of the cruise?

I could care less, it breaks up the meal. I also think it gives the kitchen a minute to catch up between dinner and dessert. But the kids LOVE it so I don't mind seeing them all enjoy it.

I don't care for it. We noticed on our last cruise that the "featured" waiters on the podium really get into it though, so not all of them hate it (it is clear some of the waiters really do). One waitress told us all about how excited she was to be "promoted" to be the only girl on top of the podium...

I was pretty surprised that a friend we met on the cruise told us he LOVED it. Like, the highlight of his cruise. He said something about how he was enjoying the cruise, but wasn't sure it was for him, but after seeing the waiters do the Flowrider dance he knew for sure he loved cruising. Baffling to me!

On Triumph they had a single waiter sing "That's Amore" and his voice was FABULOUS, and we really loved it, but (we were not in the MDR the next night) apparently the Maitre'D apologized for it, saying there were complaints they didn't do the whole show. I couldn't believe that!

I'm kind of neutral on it too. I have to agree about the wait staff at restaurants and the birthday thing, that drives me nuts. It seems like it is hit and miss on our cruises as to whether it is every night or not. On our last cruise there was lots of passenger participation in the dining room dances so some of them were hillarious, especially one lady who had a few too many and started rubbing her behind on one of the waiters. The waiter thought it was funny but the lady's husband was mortified :eek: and you could tell she probably got "in trouble" because the rest of the cruise she kept her seat and her and her husband barely spoke.

Our first carnival cruise is coming up this month.....we have anytime dining. What is the best time to go to avoid this "entertainment" ?

If you ask the Maitre'D s/he will tell you what time it is done.

Our first carnival cruise is coming up this month.....we have anytime dining. What is the best time to go to avoid this "entertainment" ?

If you go about 7:30 you should miss it. But that is also a busy time to go for ATD.

The "entertainment" on the Miracle was pretty good, it really isn't a big deal, it is a few minutes...

I thought it was fun. Imagine my surprise eating in the formal dining room as a first time cruiser when all of a sudden I hear, "Low" and see all the waiters dancing. For me, it really helped me to loosen up since I was already very nervous about dining alone. So the second night, I brought my camera along. :p

As my son used to say about school, boring, stupid and a waste of time.

Fun the first time or two but after awhile BORING.

Did it all 7 nights last week on the Glory. Noticed our waiter was going thru the motions so asked him about it.

Based on current workload hard enough to keep up and give good service. Taking 10 minutes away makes it much harder.

i've always enjoyed it. until it started interfering with my courses being served.

there was a time i would have dessert and coffee by the time they started dancing. now, the service is so slow, it's before dessert or coffee is even served.

but watching it go from 2 or 3 nights was enjoyable, while they could handle it.

no more..

I'll admit, my first or second Carnival cruises, I was really into it.

Then again, I was 12 years old.

Now? We usually time our meals around it and try to avoid it at all costs. Cheesiness aside, it slows down an already lengthy meal.

LOL: I think they hate it too. It's a lot of work for them to do the entertaining 2x every night. If you look at their faces, you'll see that most don't really want to do it. We do YTD, and are usually able to avoid the "dancing." 1x or 2x per week would be good for us.

Archived