An update on 'Got Turned Away at the Ship'

MSRussell

Someone went to bat for me at Carnival.

I was offered an inside room on the Liberty on June 23rd, just have to pay the taxes, etc.

The more I read the email, the more I want to go. I did ask in reply if the ship and date was set in stone.

I am doing some scrambling as far as finances to see if I can do it.

I think it is very nice of Carnival to offer it to me.

If I want to smoke a cigarette, will just have to go to the Lido, won't hurt me to do so.

Melanie

I was offered an inside room on the Liberty on June 23rd, just have to pay the taxes, etc.

The more I read the email, the more I want to go. I did ask in reply if the ship and date was set in stone.

If I want to smoke a cigarette, will just have to go to the Lido, won't hurt me to do so.

Melanie

That is great that you got the offer but you should know there is no smoking

on the Liberty Lido, you have to go up above. That is one reason I have no desire to cruise on any ship that has 2.0 upgrades.

Where does the Liberty sail from? I think you should definately GO! If there was some kind of fundraising to help you get there; i would donate!

You deserve it, after everything you have been through. I hope it all works out for you.

Melanie

YIPEEEEEEEEEE. So happy for you Melanie...:o

Now the airline who could not find your papers, needs to offer you a ticket for the flight. If they had looked for you and provided good customer service, this would never have happened. Sure hope you get to take the cruise. We liked the Liberty but that was before 2.0 upgrades. Best to you and hope everything works out. Your are one strong lady!!! ;)

Good for you. Shows the discretion that Carnival grants to their employees. Unlike Spirit Airlines who refuses to give a refund to a 76 year old Vietnam Veteran who found out after buying his airline ticket that he had terminal cancer and his physician advised him not to fly. Make matters worse he was flying to visit his daughter who was having surgery today. CEO said he should have bought insurance. :eek: Meanwhile facebook fans as well as Veterans Organizations are organizing a boycott of Spirit Airlines. Perhaps CEO of Spirit should have lunch wirth CEO of Carnival for a few tips on how customer relations should really work!

Have fun on your cruise. And thank a vet by not flying Spirit Airlines!

Oh, my word!! I will NEVER fly that airline, since you told me that. It is DISGUSTING how they treated him like that, after all he has done for our country.

If the dates are not flexible, I am going. Already checked out some Miami hotels...lol.

'Oh my bags are packed, I'm ready to go!!'

Melanie

That is fabulous! I hope you get to go!

Thank you all for the great thoughts.

I had decided to post, as I really dislike being twisted in the wind wondering what happened when other posters have a problem, then didn't post back what the results were.

Yes. Now raised to $100.00 per bag for carryon this fall. Story gets worse. I checked Bloomberg News as they are listed on NASDAQ and they filed forms that reflect their CEO snd other officers sold millions of dollars of stock two days ago and denied this Vietnam Marine Vet a $197 refund.

Melanie

Good For You. With the way you handled this whole situation you desrve it

Archived