Babies and sea/motion sickness?

stepha06

My baby will be 6 months in June, and that's when we leave for our cruise with him. I am wondering if babies are more prone to sea or motion sickness, and if so... What can I give him? I will be asking my doctor at his 6 month appt the Friday before we leave, but I am just wondering what everyone's experience with this is.

My baby will be 6 months in June, and that's when we leave for our cruise with him. I am wondering if babies are more prone to sea or motion sickness, and if so... What can I give him? I will be asking my doctor at his 6 month appt the Friday before we leave, but I am just wondering what everyone's experience with this is.

Babies usually do not experience motion sickness.

Now, if he happens to be the exception to this rule, at six months, the best and only answer as to what to give him should come from his pediatrician.

Do you ever rock the baby to sleep? Normally they don't get sick - not at 6 months!

If your baby has issues with motion, look into ginger - ginger tea, ginger ale. You can buy ginger capsules in any pharmacy, open one, make tea.

I asked the same question before my girls' first cruise, and everyone here reminded me that babies spend lots of time being carried, rocked, swinging in baby swings, etc. If your baby does too with no problem, I bet there won't be an issue, but certainly talk to your pediatrician about your concern.

Best,

Mia

No worries...their inner ear hasn't developed enough to worry about motion!

Yep! That's why as a kid I could go on roller coaster after roller coaster...yet as an adult I'm one and done.

Archived