Altering Luggage Tags?

Leo Jay

We leave Sunday, and just realized that our luggage tags have the wrong cabin number, because we ordered them before we changed cabins. We started to change them manually with permanent marker, but it occurred to GF that the bar code on the tag may contain the old cabin number and thus cause confusion/misdirection - does anyone know for sure? I know we can get generic tags at the port, but we just wanted to get it done beforehand if possible.

Thanks!

We leave Sunday, and just realized that our luggage tags have the wrong cabin number, because we ordered them before we changed cabins. We started to change them manually with permanent marker, but it occurred to GF that the bar code on the tag may contain the old cabin number and thus cause confusion/misdirection - does anyone know for sure? I know we can get generic tags at the port, but we just wanted to get it done beforehand if possible.

Thanks!

If you think that that may happen then I would draw a black line through the scan bar code with a magic marker( like store do when a item is reduced) then it won't scan and they will have to look at the tag with your room number in BIG NUMBERS OF black magic marker... that is what I would do.

:rolleyes: Perhaps someone else has a better suggestion?

:confused:

I've marked mine in the past for cabin changes with a thick black permanent marker and they've been delivered to our cabin timely. Not much of a difference in my mind between correcting a pre-printed tag with a marker thick and easy enough to see and filling out a blank generic tag at the pier.

Thanks for the suggestions; we just don't want to get held up at the terminal dealing with luggage tags if we don't have to - I imagine there is a good reason they tend to mail them to you in advance.

Thanks for the suggestions; we just don't want to get held up at the terminal dealing with luggage tags if we don't have to - I imagine there is a good reason they tend to mail them to you in advance.

I'm new to Celebrity. How do I get my luggage tag?? Thanks!!

Also...is there REALLY 'priority luggage transfer' for Concierge Class cruisers? I heard that the priority for Embarkation, Luggage and Debarkation doesn't really happen?

Just go to the Celebrity website , log on to your account, go to online check in, there at the bottom of the page there should be a link to order your tags. It is there 4-6 weeks before you sail.

Archived