Cinco de Mayo Ughhh

I just booked 3 days ago for a cruise that falls in the promo timeline. I did the online chat with RCL and they said they can't add on this promo as it's for new bookings today only.

Is that usual?

On NCL I have had promo's added after booking before.

I just booked 3 days ago for a cruise that falls in the promo timeline. I did the online chat with RCL and they said they can't add on this promo as it's for new bookings today only.

Is that usual?

That's how RCI does it. What I've done is just rebook during the promo period, and then cancel the first reservation, or in one case canceled the first reservation, then waited a short period of time, and was then able to rebook the same room during the promo period. As long as it's not after final payment, you can call RCI (or your agent if you used one), and they'll price match the new lower rates, but you won't get the 1/2 deposit or any one board credit specials that may be part of the promo period. Hope that helps.

L.J.

If I cancel and rebook with an agent over the phone will I still get the price that I paid when I booked 3 days ago. I think I got a good price on the JS and none are available now.

Maybe I will just leave it alone.

If I cancel and rebook with an agent over the phone will I still get the price that I paid when I booked 3 days ago. I think I got a good price on the JS and none are available now.

You will get the current price. If you are planning to book in the future, and any kind of holiday is coming up, I'd wait to see what offers are available. Also, if you are booking after final, unless you see a really good price on a Saturday morning, I'd wait for the Tuesday sale.

The key is to start monitoring prices and inventory as soon as you know your vacation dates. It's hard to know what a good price is the first time you look at a cruise.

In my experience, they will not allow you to just rebook the exact same room. I've always had to book a different room, or in the one case wait a bit and then get it back. However, since you said there are no other JSs, then you could lose it to someone else before you get to rebook it. Work that out VERY carefully with the agent so you don't lose your JS completely.

L.J.

Is that usual? Yes!

It is the usual procedure.

Archived