Luggage question

We are sailing our first time on the carnival imagination in January and I was wondering if someone could clarify a question I have about luggage. I have been reading and know it's a good idea to take a change of clothes, swimsuit or anything else we might need in a carryon when we board the ship. My question is since the carryon goes through the security scan like at an airport are we limited to the liquids such as hairspray, perfume, etc on the carryon like on an airplane? We are arriving 2 days early so I will pack my carryon upon leaving our hotel.

Thanks!

We are sailing our first time on the carnival imagination in January and I was wondering if someone could clarify a question I have about luggage. I have been reading and know it's a good idea to take a change of clothes, swimsuit or anything else we might need in a carryon when we board the ship. My question is since the carryon goes through the security scan like at an airport are we limited to the liquids such as hairspray, perfume, etc on the carryon like on an airplane? We are arriving 2 days early so I will pack my carryon upon leaving our hotel.

Thanks!

Hi Kelliegirl2U,

No, they are not concerned about liquids, like at an airport.

They are looking for all the other stuff though!

guns, metals,etc...

Thanks!

No - it's only the TSA that the 3 oz limit refers to. You can take full size liquids, etc. on to the ship. On our next cruise we plan on going a couple of days early and I think I'll just go shopping after I get to Fort Lauderdale rather than take anything with me.

No - it's only the TSA that the 3 oz limit refers to. You can take full size liquids, etc. on to the ship. On our next cruise we plan on going a couple of days early and I think I'll just go shopping after I get to Fort Lauderdale rather than take anything with me.

Thanks everyone for your quick responses! I love this forum!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We also fly to embarkation ports 2 or 3 days early. When we are ready to leave the hotel to go to the pier -- I just put all our shampoos, hair spray, etc. into our pack back. Yes -- we bring our own shampoo even though we know that the ship provides all those items. We just do not like the Elemis products on HAL.

Archived