Private Tour Operators in Skagway

Northshorecruisers

Once again Cruise Critic is the best source. Though our trip is a year away I am just a tad over excited and looking at various tours. Thanks for the Chilkoot charters. We wanted to do the train plus other sights and this company definitely fit the bill.

bonvoyagie - I would love to hear about your trip too!

We too have been looking into a trip with Chilkoot, interested in the White Pass Summit Bus & Rail Excursion for June 2013.

They have just emailed me to advise that the 2013 prices will not be set until October, but to give an idea the 2012 cost for this trip is $123 per adult. I assume that this will be in US$.

We booked a private tour in skagway. Most horrible and dangerous tours! Princess cancelled their tours that day. Our tour went up the mountain in so much fog you could not see 3 feet ahead to the top. Saw a little town and a lake. Everyone in the van were very scared. The driver said she knew every curve, however when you can only see 3 feet and driving extremely slowly, who could be anything but fearful

My husband and I are on the July 20 Southbound Cruise on Celebrity Millenium. We are booked with Chilkoot train up and bus back. Seems like a lot of people on CC had gone with them and had a good time.

We booked a private tour in skagway. Most horrible and dangerous tours! Princess cancelled their tours that day. Our tour went up the mountain in so much fog you could not see 3 feet ahead to the top. Saw a little town and a lake. Everyone in the van were very scared. The driver said she knew every curve, however when you can only see 3 feet and driving extremely slowly, who could be anything but fearful

Who did you use? Others might appreciate that information when choosing to book. Thanks!

We used Becky from Beyond Skagway. She was great and really flexible! She picked us up in the morning and we headed out to the Yukon and Emerald Lake. We were able to stop and do small hikes wherever we wanted and she was really informed about the area. We were lucky enough to even participate in a native peoples totem raising ceremony which was amazing. In the afternoon she dropped us off at the airport so we could do our heli dog sledding excursion. Overall a great day and I would highly recommed her!

[FQUOTE=missouri01;33711889]Who did you use? Others might appreciate that information when choosing to book. Thanks!

It was a very respected tour guide. It was a full van. It was fine for the first few minutes then we drove thru fog for the rest

We used Chilkoot 3 years ago for the train/bus combo to the Yukon. It was my husband's absolutely favorite excursion out of our 3 trips to Alaska. We hope to do it again some day. The buses are small, maybe 20 seats total? Ours wasn't completely full either. Much better than the huge buses that the cruise lines use!

Dave Dyea used vans so we had 6 but it could hold possibly 10. He had 2 vans in his group but each group could decide where they wanted to go if they wanted something different. Each group was a group that was "together" from the ship. He also always has 2 vans going in case one breaks down. Not a lot of cell signal nor fix it places towards the Yukon!

Lou

Archived