Changing cruises

Update: I called my TA tonight. My insurance is through Travel Guard Chartis and they do not help you with costs of the non-refundable portion. The online TA did say that the flight is through Carnival and so if for some reason we miss the ship, I would be flown to St. Thomas since our first port is not accessible by plane (HMC). Since we would lose such a substantial amount, we are going to just stay with the cruise that we chose. I'll update you when we return from the cruise.

Odd phrasing .. WHO will fly you? Are you sure Carnival will do this .. and not just your TAs thinking they will?

Im just thinking the TA is a bit glib here and playing loose with facts.

WOW I would be pissed. Iknow Ive been cruising alot of other lines in the past 4 years

So Is that a new policy in the past 5 years I thought it used to be gty

Wasnt there a Carnival GTY before than I havnt booked direct flights with them for @ least 10-12 years...... Ok thru a TA but still???????????

How odd .. I dont see where the OP said they missed their flight or the 2nd page of the thread. The OP did miss their flight btw.. maybe I just cant read.

She said Carnival would take care of getting me to the first port, which is correct. No, I have not missed the ship....this is for a future cruise. I was thinking about changing my cruise because I was worried about the flight.

Update: I called my TA tonight. My insurance is through Travel Guard Chartis and they do not help you with costs of the non-refundable portion if you cancel for reasons other than listed (which changing cruises because of airfare is not a valid change). The online TA did say that the flight is through Carnival and so if for some reason we miss the ship, I would be flown to St. Thomas since our first port is not accessible by plane (HMC). This would be paid by Carnival along with any other expenses. Since we would lose such a substantial amount, we are going to just stay with the cruise that we chose. I'll update you when we return from the cruise.

The link for Carnival's Fly Aweigh Program is http://www.carnival.com/legal/fly-aweigh.ashx where they discuss flying you to next Port; Interestingly, they now also claim to have your flight info 75 days in advance! The Travel Hotline number is 1-877-885-4856 (I'd call to verify!) - If you end-up running close/late I'd keep them updated on the hope that there are enough late-running Passengers for them to hold the ship.

As Back-Up You might also check your Trip Insurance for "Missed Connection" and/or "Trip Disruption" coverage and determine if it applies to your situation.

Good Luck!!! Ken

Thanks for the info, Ken. I had called my TA last night and she said flights had not been assigned. I "checked in" on Carnival.com and they are now assigned. I arrive at Fort Lauderdale at 12:58 pm. Do you all think that will be enough time? I'm hoping!!!

Carnival used to hold the ship if you booked your air through them. We had a late connection to San Juan in 2004 with Carnival booked air and got in just after sailing time.... the Destiny waited for us. It was within about half an hour, but my understanding at the time was that they would have also flown us to St. Thomas to meet the ship the next day.

Liz

Thanks for the info, Ken. I had called my TA last night and she said flights had not been assigned. I "checked in" on Carnival.com and they are now assigned. I arrive at Fort Lauderdale at 12:58 pm. Do you all think that will be enough time? I'm hoping!!!

Plenty of time ..

Did you book transfer as well.... They used to be included with airfare If you booked thru CCL.. ...There should also be a Carnival representitive waiting for you.......

Enjoy your cruise

Thanks, Doc! Yes, we did get the transfers through Carnival already. I'm feeling so much better now!!:) Thanks everyone!

Debbie

I'm so glad that this all worked out -- I've been worried about your situation!

Archived