Beer buckets

JahHaus

I think I can guess the answer to this one, but, what are the chances I can purchase an entire bucket of beer with the Premium Alcohol Package?

I would think not, but why would you want to carry that bucket around when you can stop by any bar and get a cold one.

Now that I think about it, you probably could. A bucket will most likely cost around $25. Since you have a $12 limit with the premium package, you can just pay the difference. Most likely you are thinking about taking them back to your stateroom? :)

Actually, I heard someone ask for a bucket under the premium plan, and he was denied. I did not hear if they were offered to pay the difference. This was on Summit, which should not make a difference.

No. Beer can only be purchased one at a time to be covered under the plan. The difference over $12 on premium plan only applies if the cost of one beer was over $12.

Two cruises ago a group of our friends frequently enjoyed a bucket of beer at sail away time at the aft bar. I remember one person with the premium package wanting to buy a bucket for the table and the waiter specifically telling him it wasn't included in his package so he'd have to pay the normal price.

Yeah, figured...I'll find some other way to get some icy cold Heinekens back to my suite...

I've never purchased one of the packages but I've read comments from other posters who reported here in the past that they just made it a habit of stopping by a bar to pick up beer, soda or water frequently when they were headed back to the cabin to stock up. Just mention to them that you're taking back to your cabin and would like them to leave it unopened. If you don't want to hassle with that then just forgo the package and pay as you go from the mini-bar or room service.

Yeah, figured...I'll find some other way to get some icy cold Heinekens back to my suite...

I always have the Premium package. I have the room steward empty out the fridge when I arrive. Then, whenever I'm walking past a bar during the day and not really feeling like a drink at the time, I order a beer anyway and ask that it not be opened. I take it back to my room and put it in the fridge. Before long I have a fridge full of beer that I can enjoy late at night sitting on the balcony or getting dressed for dinner.

Archived