Interesting things to do in Talkeetna?

zachnlucy

We'll arrive there mid-afternoon on Wednesday, September 7 by car, and have two nights reserved at the Roadhouse. We have a 9:00 am McKinley flightseeing trip through Talkeetna Aero on Thursday, and will depart Friday morning. Any ideas of other things to do/see?

There is alot of things to do here . The bike rental closed down a few years ago.

What do you like to do ? That would narrow it down for me to give you some information . Look at some of my previous post there is alot of info for you there also. The snow is almost gone here..........:) :) :)

Alaskan Guide

There is a nice museum, and a great walking area. Even the library is a stop for me. :) But most important- have an upstairs room at the Roadhouse. I always stay here - some real Alaska. :)

Are you using the TourSaver for the Talkeetna Aero flight? The 2-for-1 deal will singlehandedly justify the cost of the TourSaver. http://www.toursaver.com

P.S. DO THE GLACIER LANDING. Especially if you don't get much snow where you come from. One of the highlights on our honeymoon was we snowballed each other in July.

Are you using the TourSaver for the Talkeetna Aero flight? The 2-for-1 deal will singlehandedly justify the cost of the TourSaver. http://www.toursaver.com

P.S. DO THE GLACIER LANDING. Especially if you don't get much snow where you come from. One of the highlights on our honeymoon was we snowballed each other in July.

I have done several glacier landings but have to say that the summit flights are significantly superior in my opinion. :)

Yes, we're using toursaver and doing the summit flight. Based on BQ's previous recommendation, we're upstairs at the Roadhouse. A walk around town w/a visit to the museum sounds like fun. Are there any not-too-strenuous hikes nearby?

What does the summit flight do, land at the dropoff point where the climbers go?

<edit> Oh I see, you and BQ are both coming from "snow states". My wife & I hardly ever get to play in snow. My only concern w/ the summit flight, though, is the weather. Hope you catch it on a good day.

What does the summit flight do, land at the dropoff point where the climbers go?

<edit> Oh I see, you and BQ are both coming from "snow states". My wife & I hardly ever get to play in snow. My only concern w/ the summit flight, though, is the weather. Hope you catch it on a good day.

At 20,000 feet the flight goes OVER the top of McKinley, nothing like looking down on it. :) If your priority is snow, then go with the glacier landing. Indeed an excellent tour as well. :)

Archived