Doctor kicked off Carnival cruise

Nice to know an idiot can tweet something, have multiple law enforcement agencies say it isn't true, and be booted off the ship. Luckily for the doc, he wasn't at some port... or worse yet, at sea! - He would've had to be set adrift in a life boat. Better to err on the side of caution ~ :cool:

I think some people are missing the point here. We can't have a private word or joke with anyone these days. Even tweets are monitored! I am sure some people think that's ok, and in some ways it is, but it is also scary to think of the loss of our privacy to this extent.

I feel bad for the guy....but I think Carnival did the right thing. The only thing anyone was able to clear him of at that time is that there was nothing in his stuff at that time.... who's to say there isn't a plan in a port or something. Until he is cleared of anything to do with the tweet it's best that he was not left on the ship. Honestly... they did the right thing. But It would be nice if they offered him a cruise once it comes out that he didn't post it... if he didn't as he says he didn't.

Still trying to figure out what is so controversial about a low carb diet that someone would pose as the doc and post a terrorist threat. It's just a diet right?

Maybe there is a "LowCarbDietCritic Sucks" Facebook Page?? :P

Still trying to figure out what is so controversial about a low carb diet that someone would pose as the doc and post a terrorist threat. It's just a diet right?

Militant vegans hate it - most on the low carb diet get most of their protein from meat.

There's money in it ....a cruise like this will cost about 2 - 3 or more times what normal cruisers pay. I saw the Vegan cruise boarding the Poesia as we were disembarking

They bring their own chefs, menus, have meetings, lectures, cooking demos and I am sure the Low Carbs do the same

JMO>>> the person may be a business rival....who wanted the speakers role?

Might be former associate...or former lover or who knows?>>

Weight loss is lucrative, endorsements, speaking engagements and so on

JMO it's about Money...or "Love"

There is a low carb community? :p

yep, just as there is a "cruise community" :) I am a member of several low carb groups on FB. Everyone is talking about this..can't wait for the low carb cruise to be over to hear more from the other low carbers on the ship. :-)

Vegan militants, PETA whacko's...plenty of people come down hard on the low carb meat eaters, crazy at it sounds, talking about diets these days is like talking religion or politics.

There's money in it ....a cruise like this will cost about 2 - 3 or more times what normal cruisers pay. I saw the Vegan cruise boarding the Poesia as we were disembarking

They bring their own chefs, menus, have meetings, lectures, cooking demos and I am sure the Low Carbs do the same

JMO>>> the person may be a business rival....who wanted the speakers role?

Might be former associate...or former lover or who knows?>>

Weight loss is lucrative, endorsements, speaking engagements and so on

JMO it's about Money...or "Love"

Naaah, they don't bring in chefs, etc. Just a lot of lectures. Prices were not that bad. http://www.lowcarbcruiseinfo.com/

I think some people are missing the point here. We can't have a private word or joke with anyone these days. Even tweets are monitored! I am sure some people think that's ok, and in some ways it is, but it is also scary to think of the loss of our privacy to this extent.

It might not have said in this story, but someone called in a "tip" to the cops about the tweet.

Naaah, they don't bring in chefs, etc. Just a lot of lectures. Prices were not that bad. http://www.lowcarbcruiseinfo.com/

I didn't see any prices....and maybe they don't need their own chefs?

The Vegans had them

They do have a lot of "speakers" and doctors

I still "feel" it is either business rivalry OR some "personal" vendetta

I do hope they make an example of this person tho

Nice to know an idiot can tweet something, have multiple law enforcement agencies say it isn't true, and be booted off the ship. Luckily for the doc, he wasn't at some port... or worse yet, at sea! - He would've had to be set adrift in a life boat. Better to err on the side of caution ~ :cool:

my real fear is that this incident sets the bar low, whereas if the same thing happens again, they now make the wrong decisions based on this incident, and the threat turns out to be real.

i'm gonna have to side with the authorities on this one. any threat should be taken extremely seriously, and those found doing this stupid acts be presecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

yes, i feel bad for this "doctor", but safety continues to have to come first.

if complete credibility can't be established in a short period of time, safe security protocol must prevail.

At the least Carnival should have offered him another cruise and not just to only fly him to Jamaica to meet up with the ship.

I agree. Carnival booted him off and later found out they made a mistake. His belongings were gone through, they left him at the port. His cruise was ripped apart. Even if he had flown to the next port, he missed a lot.

• 1 year later...
This is an entirely different situation but I'm posting it to prove that people do monitor and report things on social media to Carnival. It happens.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/18...ff-cruise-ship

Nashville Surgeon Target Of Cyber Attack, Kicked Off Cruise Ship

There is more to the story, not saying that OP is lying but saying that there is information that is left out which might help us understand Carnival's alleged reaction to this situation.

I usually choose to defer judgment where I can until I have more information.

I am very confused reading this old thread with zero new information, where the original link to the story doesn't even work.

And too bad old threads don't autolock after a definitive period of time.

I am very confused reading this old thread with zero new information, where the original link to the story doesn't even work.

And too bad old threads don't autolock after a definitive period of time.

I was taking this information and posting it to a new thread but I put the post in the wrong thread THUS my post up top that says *oops, wrong thread*.

However, if you want to know about the story it's not difficult to look it up.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/18169740/nashville-surgeon-target-of-cyber-attack-kicked-off-cruise-ship

By the way, I edited my post at 8:24 but you still managed to respond to it at 8:31. I wonder what that delay was about?

If he was scheduled to speak on the ship as a main attraction, it is bad that he refused to meet the ship.

It would make me think he is more interested in litigation than his "fans".

However, I do not know if he was a key speaker.

I don't blame him at all for not wanting to get back on the ship!

I'm sure I would always appreciate the Captain erring on the side of caution unless I was the innocent party.

So does that tweet mean SOMEONE was/is planning SOMETHING? Or was it someone trying to set up the Dr.??

Another example of why it's never a good idea to publicly reveal your travel/cruise plans on Facebook or anywhere online.

Archived