Best place to Salmon fish?

carbon

Ketchikan is known as the Salmon Capital. Its waters are calm and you don't have to travel too far from shore to fish. I highly recommend the True Alaskan Charters. The price is great and the captain offers a very flexible trip to do whatever you want, be it fishing for salmon or halibut, or crabbing, or sightseeing, etc. Tell Bruce that Hellen recommended him if you decide to give him a try. :)

admin@truealaskancharters.com

I am going in Aug. on the Celebrity-Summit. I have had a VERY difficult time with Bruce at True Alaska. He has NEVER returned my phone calls or my emails. I would AVOID him. Try Northern Lights. I am trying to get in touch with a private boat suggested by Jim at Southeastern Aviation. Jim has been VERY helpful. My family is taking a float plane trip with him while I am fishing. If you just need help with other excutions in Ketchikan, contact Jim.

Juneau fishing has been incredible this year already. We caught 6 beautiful kings all over 20 lbs yesterday in 3 hours, and only 3 poles out. King fishing is suppose to be incredible this year in this area, and it is off to a great start. If interested in giving Juneau a try, contact. Ole Bartness, Islander Charters, 907.790.3950

I am going in Aug. on the Celebrity-Summit. I have had a VERY difficult time with Bruce at True Alaska. He has NEVER returned my phone calls or my emails. I would AVOID him. Try Northern Lights. I am trying to get in touch with a private boat suggested by Jim at Southeastern Aviation. Jim has been VERY helpful. My family is taking a float plane trip with him while I am fishing. If you just need help with other excutions in Ketchikan, contact Jim.

Quickfingers,

Looks like you are still on the war path against Bruce at True Alaskan. On a previous post (4/20), you had said:

"Alaskadude,

Some times we make spelling mistakes. Sorry. KetchiKan.

Lanlubber54,

***I did get an email reply from Bruce today. He said he would call me later.

I have contacted Nortern Lights, also. I want to fish longer that 4-5 hours, because you can fish area that are a little farther out and you can fish an area longer.

My problem is I am one person. Most captains want to fill a boat with at least 4 people. I can understand that.

True Alaskan Charters offers a 8-9 hour fishing trip. This also give me a chance to get away from my family for a few hours and do something I love."

Now you are saying he NEVER returned your phone calls or e-mails. In addition, both Alaskadude and I had contacted Bruce and informed you on our postings that he had been out of town and was also looking for more people to fill up the boat so that he could take you.

Somehow, that's still not good enough for you. What do you hope to gain by unjustly smearing a shore excursion vendor's reputation?

:eek:

hcf,

All I am trying to do is give my HONEST opinion of what happened to me. I am not trying to ruin anyones reputation. I think Bruce did this on his own. I made EVERY effort to contact him. He made NO effort to return any contact with me. Just my observation. Other people have different experiences. I am just telling mine.

Archived