Price Drop, where to look?

This may seem like a silly question, but when looking for a price drop do I have to go all the way through the booking as if I was going to book a cruise, to the part where I enter my information, to get the "new" final price, OR, will the new price reflect right away on the first page that comes up after I put in my dates, port, etc.?

I'm checking daily for my December cruise, and I've just been going to the website and doing a "Quick Search" from the homepage and then finding my trip and looking at the price that comes up. The price has remained the same, which is fine, but I just want to make sure that I'm not going to miss out on a price drop because the price may reflect lower if I were to go all the way through the booking.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Depends on what category you booked, how far you need to click thru. But no, not to where you have to enter your info. You are looking at ONLY the cruisefare, not the add on taxes and fees.

I use a TA site where I can dig down to my category as all that first shows is the lowest for a inside for instance when I first click, or lowest for a OV .. but it might not be MY category of inside. has to be a exact match to your category and number of pax.

I mention this as some are confused and think if they are in a 4D, they can price match to any inside price .. just mentioning it in case there is confusion.

There's a special link to the Carnival "fare checker"...sorry I don't have it handy, but maybe someone else will chime in with it. Or maybe you can find it on Carnival's website by doing a search. I've been using it for our Jan. cruise, and it's an easier way to look at fares for each category and check for price drops.

Cindy

There is a great site that Google can help you find, if you tell it you want to FISH for CRUISE price drops.

This site shows you a summary of all the standard rates for all the categories in a easy to read table. You can even bookmark your specific sailing, so you have single click access to what you want to see.

Again, it's just the base cruise price, without taxes and fees, but that's the number you need to monitor anyway.

Sorry I can't actually tell you the site name because of forum rules, but Google can help you out.

There is a great site that Google can help you find, if you tell it you want to FISH for CRUISE price drops.

This site shows you a summary of all the standard rates for all the categories in a easy to read table. You can even bookmark your specific sailing, so you have single click access to what you want to see.

Again, it's just the base cruise price, without taxes and fees, but that's the number you need to monitor anyway.

Sorry I can't actually tell you the site name because of forum rules, but Google can help you out.

Doesn’t cruise fish .net have a fee to use?

Doesn’t cruise fish .net have a fee to use?

There is a fee for email alerts, but you can browse the site, bookmark your sailing, and check back as often as you like for free.

It's honestly my favourite 'go to' site for browsing the price of multiple sailings very quickly.

Also, I love the feature to be able to click on a price and see how it has changed over time.

Duane-O

There is a fee for email alerts, but you can browse the site, bookmark your sailing, and check back as often as you like for free.

It's honestly my favourite 'go to' site for browsing the price of multiple sailings very quickly.

Also, I love the feature to be able to click on a price and see how it has changed over time.

Duane-O

Thats so helpful!!! Thanks for this info!! Much easier to check, AND it's much easier to actually SEE the different areas within your same catagorie. Again, Thanks!!

Archived