WHEELCHAIR ACCESS qm2 6009

roscoe39

Hi guys., Ive a friend who has just been upgraded to this cabin and asked if I had seen it. Im stumped...its a wheelchair access but I have not seen its layout or even if it is a porthole as opposed to window.

Im no expert on the QM2...but I know you lot are...anyone any pics or stayed in this stateroom that can shed its light on the layout???

thanks...roscoe

6009 is on the starboard side, far forward. Appears to be a very large cabin (with a balcony as best I can tell from the schematic ). I'd take it in a NY minute. Congrats to your friend on the upgrade, and best wishes for a happy voyage. -Regards, S.

Correction: Sorry, 6009 appears to be an ocean view, not a balcony.

see http://www.cunard.com/Ships/Queen-Mary-2/Deck-Plans/

thanks s... hoping to get a pic or a description of the actual layout...the 360o views on the virtual tours of course are for the standard ocean views. Been a long time since Ive been on the QM so memory is hazy bout details like this.....:o

thanks s... hoping to get a pic or a description of the actual layout...the 360o views on the virtual tours of course are for the standard ocean views. Been a long time since Ive been on the QM so memory is hazy bout details like this.....:o

Yes Roscoe, I understand...sorry I couldn't be helpful. I'd like to see actual photos of that stateroom too; seems very appealling :)

Hi guys., Ive a friend who has just been upgraded to this cabin and asked if I had seen it. Im stumped...its a wheelchair access but I have not seen its layout or even if it is a porthole as opposed to window. Im no expert on the QM2...but I know you lot are...anyone any pics or stayed in this stateroom that can shed its light on the layout??? thanks...roscoe

Hi, it has a porthole, not a window, as you can see in this picture QM2 She towers over the dock

(the two portholes next to each other, on Deck 6 in the hull, centre right of the picture, are in cabins 6001 & 6009 [6001 forward of 6009])

The cabin is almost directly under the spare propellers and is arranged "fore & aft" unlike nearly all other ocean view cabins which are aligned across the ship.

There could be some movement this close to the bow. Somewhere I have a picture of part of the interior of a similar cabin... I'll search for it.

Hope this helps.

Hi guys., Ive a friend who has just been upgraded to this cabin and asked if I had seen it. Im stumped...its a wheelchair access but I have not seen its layout or even if it is a porthole as opposed to window.

Im no expert on the QM2...but I know you lot are...anyone any pics or stayed in this stateroom that can shed its light on the layout???

thanks...roscoe

I was in 6009 back in 2009, a nice cabin but being so far forward you feel the movement of the ship significantly.

1209908709_Cabin1.jpg.a2a85eda3c34cc2ef327dfe14424779f.jpg

134531409_Cabin2.jpg.b1cd0e9089591f0c457c9fc4b10e1de5.jpg

I was in 6009 back in 2009, a nice cabin but being so far forward you feel the movement of the ship significantly.

thanks John Paul, that is exactly what I was after.once again I tug my forelock and bow to the superior expertise of those on this board......I wont mention the movement to them, I personally would love that, but I know that this person gets seasick looking at a glass of water....

it can be our little secret.

The position looks great on the plans for access to everything particulary the early morning jog...im quite envious.

ps..pepper...thanks for reminding me bout your photostream....ive passed it on

ps..pepper...thanks for reminding me bout your photostream....ive passed it on

My pleasure. My apologies that I was unable to find the picture of the cabin that I know I have somewhere... :confused: . I am very pleased that John Paul Conti was able to help you with great pictures.

Very best wishes,

If you on a port intensive cruise you may find that you can the bow thrusters, on a TA your would fine, we didnt feel that much movement at all to be honest.

we had a few parties in this cabin most nights as well, so much room

2010_0729norway10010.jpg.02e050cb0bf2ae1e4037e0cfb37cdc73.jpg

I hope these photos help you

[ATTACH]232771[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]232772[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]232773[/ATTACH]

wow...thanks Rob....very helpful...keep em coming if you have more ...

See for a shippie...the bow thrusters and movement would be fantastic...maybe i should be going afterall... the stateroom certainly looks big enough to swing a cat at least...and hopefully enough to make that big swirly carpet appear not so hypnotic....:eek:

We often end up being upgraded to handicapped cabins, with ocean view or balcony, last one we had had a the longest balcony lol.

we were next door to 6009, but it is the same layout, you can swing more than a cat I promise, the bathroom was huge, the shower would hold 6 people lol, all on the level as well.

Now we were woken once by what I can only think was the Anchor dropping, i thought the end of the world had come, but other than that is was great, I believe that under you are some crew rooms and these dont show on the deck plans

We often end up being upgraded to handicapped cabins, with ocean view or balcony, last one we had had a the longest balcony lol.

we were next door to 6009, but it is the same layout, you can swing more than a cat I promise, the bathroom was huge, the shower would hold 6 people lol, all on the level as well.

Now we were woken once by what I can only think was the Anchor dropping, i thought the end of the world had come, but other than that is was great, I believe that under you are some crew rooms and these dont show on the deck plans

Hmmm a room big enough to swing a cat and a shower big enough for six

People.. The mind boggles.... I'm sold.. Count me in

Looks nice and close to the stairs and the decent walk to the other end of the shIp should help any indulgences in the cabin parties. God help them

Hmmm a room big enough to swing a cat and a shower big enough for six

People.. The mind boggles.... I'm sold.. Count me in

Looks nice and close to the stairs and the decent walk to the other end of the shIp should help any indulgences in the cabin parties. God help them

You guys are making me laugh :D Thanks! But I do wonder with the new restrictions regarding passengers with mobility issues, how available a cabin like this will be in the future since it seem most desirable. Roscoe, seems like your friends have a nice upgrade - and I hope they enjoy it. Please let us know their reaction to the cabin. Best wishes, Salacia

You guys are making me laugh :D Thanks! But I do wonder with the new restrictions regarding passengers with mobility issues, how available a cabin like this will be in the future since it seem most desirable. Roscoe, seems like your friends have a nice upgrade - and I hope they enjoy it. Please let us know their reaction to the cabin. Best wishes, Salacia

yes s...the thought crossed my mind...i was surprised that the allocation should happen 9 months out..maybe its only an interim allocation and if someone wants to book it then they'll be moved on. Sounds a perfect cabin to store those numerous scooters that are clogging up our nice companionways at night and getting in our way of using the halls as bowling alleys.

yes s...the thought crossed my mind...i was surprised that the allocation should happen 9 months out..maybe its only an interim allocation and if someone wants to book it then they'll be moved on. Sounds a perfect cabin to store those numerous scooters that are clogging up our nice companionways at night and getting in our way of using the halls as bowling alleys.

Yup. Damnation! I really miss using the halls as bowling alleys:D Oh but once I had a balcony cabin on Deck 11 - right below the suffle board court. Kind of like being being below a bowling alley, but without the joy of participation.

These cabins cannot just be booked so easy, they dont online etc, you have to request a handicapped cabin, so 9 months nearer they have not sold yet, so they become a nice upgrade from an inside cabin.

As you have 9 months to go and someone needed a the cabin they will ask you and upgrade again, this happened to me and we got an in hull balcony cabin, so you never know

I hope your friends enjoy the cabin.

Downside... movement in a storm and if QM2 is an "anchor port" then the noise of the anchors!

But upside... big cabin, huge bathroom, very few passengers passing the cabin door at night :rolleyes:...

No Passenger Cabins... or "crew rooms"... above the cabin (I'm thinking noise) as only the spare propeller open area, in front of the bridge screen, is above these four forward cabins on Deck 6 (as you can see in the picture via post #6).

Your friends should pop up there to see the "Commodore's Cufflinks".

I wish your friends "Bon Voyage" and am certain that they will love QM2.

I hope your friends enjoy the cabin.

Downside... movement in a storm and if QM2 is an "anchor port" then the noise of the anchors!

But upside... big cabin, huge bathroom, very few passengers passing the cabin door at night :rolleyes:...

No Passenger Cabins... or "crew rooms"... above the cabin (I'm thinking noise) as only the spare propeller open area, in front of the bridge screen, is above these four forward cabins on Deck 6 (as you can see in the picture via post #6).

Your friends should pop up there to see the "Commodore's Cufflinks".

I wish your friends "Bon Voyage" and am certain that they will love QM2.

thanks guys, everyone has been really helpful. much appreciated...and my supposed expertise to my friends on the subject is all due to you lot.:D

Archived