Princess Sapphire: Formal Nights

relaxedcruiser

I have read from various posts that a tux is not needed for men as such, dark suit + tie is ok for formal nights. However is there any suggested dress for women?

Thanks.

For men, tux or dark suit and tie is just fine. For women, I have seen a variety of items worn: a nice cocktail dress, formal pant suit (beaded top with nice black pants), beaded top and long black skirt or shorter skirt, long prom-type dresses, mother-of-the-bride dresses, etc.) I personally don't do the long formal wear any more. Took up too much room in my suitcase and I always stressed over the "wrinkle factor." I now wear beaded tops and black pants. Packs much easier, takes up less room, and only one pair of shoes for entire trip is needed. I will be on the Sapphire on May 22nd and plan to take my two formal pants suits. Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

My husband for the first time is going to be wearing a tux, and I always try to dress to the hilt. We don't dress up so on our cruises is the only time we get ritz'd up. We will also be cruising on the saphire on may 22nd. I can't wait, 20 days and counting.

We were on the Sapphire last Oct. and this is what my DH and I wore. My DH wore a dark suit and I wore a dressy black pants and beaded top. Not too fancy but fancy enough. On my Sapphire trip I had two formal nites and I bought one pair of black pants and two different tops. Made life really simple.

Marilyn

Thanks for your responses. They are helpful. We are taking the Sapphire on May 29th 2005. We are also very excited about it..

Hi relaxedcruiser,

We'll (husband and I) also be on this cruise, along with my sister and her husband. Have you signed on to the rollcall for this cruise? So far there are about 10 posters who have said hello, and we'd like to get to know more of our fellow cruisers.

Laurel

hello Figsgrandma ,

I couldn't find a board for rollcall of this ship.. can you please send me the link..

Thanks.

I hope this works:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=150330

I tried to bump the thread to the front page of the Princess Roll Call board, but it's an active board so it may move to a page further back fairly quickly.

If the link doesn't work, I usually can find it by going to the Princess Roll Call board and doing a search for Sapphire 5/29

Laurel

Archived