Port Canavarel to MCO...NEED ADVICE!

dimepiece814

I will be cruising on the Carnival Dream from July 7 - 14th and the ship is due to arrive back at Port Canavarel at 8:00am. I would like to catch the Jetblue 11:46am flight at MCO. Is it possible to catch this flight? The next flight out on Jetblue is 4:46pm. They are the only airline with great prices fright now. I'm staying in Orlando 3 days prior to the cruise and renting a car during that time. I read on the threads that I can return the rental at Port Canavarel. What's the best options returning back to MCO and making the 11:46am flight?

Under normal circumstances you should have no problems. But there canbe delays due to US Coast Guard Inspections and Customs clearances.

For example, the Liberty cruise (Miami) right before ours had not started debarcation by 10:15 AM. last passengers off came around 11:30AM.

Off the Dream though, we've had no issues. Use self debarcation and be prepared to leave as soon as your deck is called. BIL and SIL have done this twice. Last time, SIL called DW before we left the ship (around 8:45A) and they wer already at MCO and through security.

For your transportation, I would return the car to the PC agency prior to boarding. And then look at the one day rates for the return (no drop off charges in FL) versus taking a taxi (fastest) at $126+. Or shuttle ( I think Travelynx, a very reputable company, is $35 per person). I think you can get cars as cheap as $40-$60 depending on size needed. For shuttle, you may have to wait for others. For Rental car, you may have to wait for others for shuttle to go to agency, but then you'll be on your way.

I would not mess around with renting a car for your return -- book a car service or shared shuttle (CB Shuttle, STAR transportation, and Executive VIP are some of the often suggested providers) for the 45+ minute ride from PC to MCO. 99% of the time you should be off the ship, clear of customs and on your way in plenty of time to arrive for check-in by 10:00 or so.

Renting a car just adds time on both ends for check-out/check-in and buying gas.

Good luck! :)

Archived