question about credit after cancellation

Nickymjw1

I am posting this question for a co-worker. She is going to call Carnival tonight but I want to give her some info so she is knowledgeable when calling and knowing what she can expect or not.

She had booked a cruise for 6 (2 adults + 4 kids), due to personal issues she had to cancel after full payment was made.

she said that she lost a lot of money on it due to cancellation fees etc. but after all is said and done she has a $1200 credit that she now wants to use but she only wants to do the 2 adults. (family offering to keep all 4 kids! :-) Believe me she needs this break because she takes care of not only the kids but also a parent with severe Altzheimer + works full time)

The question is will she be able to use the $1200 to book for 2 or with a cancellation credit does it have to be the same original 6 people?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am posting this question for a co-worker. She is going to call Carnival tonight but I want to give her some info so she is knowledgeable when calling and knowing what she can expect or not.

She had booked a cruise for 6 (2 adults + 4 kids), due to personal issues she had to cancel after full payment was made.

she said that she lost a lot of money on it due to cancellation fees etc. but after all is said and done she has a $1200 credit that she now wants to use but she only wants to do the 2 adults. (family offering to keep all 4 kids! :-) Believe me she needs this break because she takes care of not only the kids but also a parent with severe Altzheimer + works full time)

The question is will she be able to use the $1200 to book for 2 or with a cancellation credit does it have to be the same original 6 people?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would think a "credit is a credit" that she could use as she chooses.

What rate was it booked under, Early Saver, Past guest , etc?

Edit: I re-read your post and if this was after final payment date, I would think the $1,200.00 credit would have been returned to her as a credit to her credit card on whatever she used to make final payment. From reading these boards, the only time Carnival holds funds is when you cancel an Early Saver rate.

Gregg

She has never cruised before so no past guest and it wasn't early saver so I guess just standard rate..

Then she should be able to use that credit for whatever she wants, because it should have been returned to her. She doesn't even have to go on a cruise, the credit (refund) is hers.

Gregg

I am going through the same thing right now and here is what I was told and what I did....We booked a cruise and had to cancel for myself, my husband and son and it was the early saver. We re-booked just for my husband and I. My PVP emailed me a form requesting that we apply the credit to our new booking. It had to be signed in front of a notary, then I had to fax the form and a copy of my credit card statement showing where I paid the deposit. I just did this yesterday so I'm anxiously waiting to see my son's portion of the credit applied. They applied my husband and I's credit the day after booking. Hope this helps. :)

Oh and we were still in the deposit period and hadn't paid the full balance, not sure if that will change anything or not....

I don't know if she paid with a credit card but she did tell me she could not get her money back only to be used on a future cruise.

I told her to call and let me know what they said and if needed tomorrow we can call together. (we work at a call center so we can't call while at work, ironic right :-)

It still sounds as if she's booked Early Saver, if they're telling her she can only get a future cruise credit.

We need to know specifically what rate she's booked?

Is she cancelling before or after her Final Payment Deadline?

How many days before sailaway is she cancelling?

ken

It still sounds as if she's booked Early Saver, if they're telling her she can only get a future cruise credit.

We need to know specifically what rate she's booked?

Is she cancelling before or after her Final Payment Deadline?

How many days before sailaway is she cancelling?

ken

I am not a Carnival cruiser, but have read alot about the ES program. The $1,200 is what is confusing me. That would be the credit to be held for 6 passengers with an ES cancellation, but the OP stated she took a big hit on the cancellation and had paid in full. Correct me if I am wrong, but, even if you pay in full before final DUE date, shouldn't she pay $50/pp cancellation fee, $1,200 held as a credit and all other monies paid for cruise back as a refund. That would be a loss of only $300. If this was an ES rate and cancelled after payment DUE date, they shouldn't be holding any money.

Gregg

Archived