Wine Shops in San Francisco

Can you tell me of any wine shops near the pier in San Francisco??? We will be flying in from Orlando and do not want to bring our wine with us. Normally we drive down to FLL and bring it all in the car. Many thanks in advance.

Silverbird

Try this. It where I go to buy wine.

http://www.thewineclub.com/main.asp?request=ARTICLES&article=17&view=html&&gclid=CIC17YvQ9K8CFaUZQgodnyV2Vw

Not close to the pier but maybe a short cab ride.

They have Grgich wines at some of the best prices I have found along with a knowledgable staff to direct you to some really nice wines, within your price range.

When we took the Sydney cruise on the Sapphire and were intransit in San Francisco, we went to the BevMo at 1301 Van Ness Avenue. We walked there, but took a taxi back because we had over a case of wine!

We took our roll-aboards with us to load the wine in so we could roll it on board ourselves. Lot easier than trying to carry boxes.

Also if you sign up online at BevMo you can get a discount on your purchase. They had a huge selection and the prices were pretty good especially with the coupons I had plus the membership discount.

Do you mean wine shops or just places to buy wine?

K&L Wine Merchants and Arlequin Wine Merchant are two great wine stores that would require cabs.

If you just want to buy wine near the pier, Cost Plus World Market actually has a nice selection. As others have mentioned, Trader Joe's and BevMo are good alternatives too.

• 4 weeks later...

Largest selections near by are Safeway and Trader Joes, both on the intersection of Mason and Bay Street, just a few blocks from Pier 35. One block further down is Cost Plus, with a great selection as well. Bev Mo is a taxi ride away and not worth the cab ride in my opinion.

Archived