Whats your favorite carribean destination?

twit

What is your favorite Caribbean destination?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Caribbean destination?

• Aruba
    • Jamaica
    • Grand Cayman
    • St Thomas
    • San Juan
    • Isla Margarita
    • St Kitts
    • Grenada
    • Belize City
    • St Lucia

I like convenience. I am not the site seeing type. Therefore I choose Isla Margarita. Beach within walking distance and nice little stands to buy small souvenirs.

I am amazed at how many people I know love Aruba. I spent 5 days there last year and found it to be just OK. It is very Americanized, the water is just OK, the beach was nice enough but nothing spectacular. We stayed in a nice resort (Hyatt) but once again, the pool was just OK. There are so many other places that have spectacular beaches, spectacular water, and spectacular resorts.

I don't get it.

I persoanally liked Aruba out of all we have been on. We spent a week there for our 25th anniversay and it was the first carribean island we have been on. I think my wife would have to say St. Maarten also because she always gets the best price on jewelry there. :eek:

We like them all for different reasons. They all have their own special charm. One of my favorites, tho...(since you asked-:p ) is Granada. The scent of that island is one that I will never forget! The fragrance of nutmeg, cinnamon and chocolate is intoxicating! We like island that are NOT Americanized!

I wish I was on one of the islands now..............:rolleyes:

Definately want to get to some of the other islands, too. I am thinking about a 1 week stay at a resort in St. Lucia...

When we were on our cruise Jan 2004, we rented a car on our own and made our way around St. Lucia. We found way up in the hills (with the help of a ver nice island worker) the most awesome resort. Ladera Resort. We only ate lunch there, but took brochures. I'll try and dig out my information. It overlooked the Caribbean, you could see the Pitons, and rooms had their own individual oasis or pools. It was all open air...no windows. Netting around beds, etc. VERY cool!!! :)

It is: http://www.ladera.com

Quote 'I am amazed at how many people I know love Aruba. I spent 5 days there last year and found it to be just OK. It is very Americanized, etc.'

I also voted for Aruba... I love the dry weather, the people and the small town feel... But, you are right, the other things that you listed are comparable to other islands listed.

Archived