Over night in Venice with a 6:00am next morning flight?

csaeroach

Has anyone ever stayed over night in Venice and had a 6:00am flight the day you disembark the ship? I see that airfare booked with Princess is available for a 6:00am flight departure. Just wondering if anyone can give me details on how this worked for you if you have previously done this? Does Princess offer transfers to the airport this early in the morning, or is there taxis available at the pier, as I have read that airlines like you to check in 2.5 - 3 hours before flight? Is this true, for this early in the morning? This would make arrival at airport 3:00am? We would like to do this 6:00am flight as we can get back home in one day. Any later flights its 2 days, with an overnight stop .... any help would be greatly appreciated!

Has anyone ever stayed over night in Venice and had a 6:00am flight the day you disembark the ship? I see that airfare booked with Princess is available for a 6:00am flight departure. Just wondering if anyone can give me details on how this worked for you if you have previously done this? Does Princess offer transfers to the airport this early in the morning, or is there taxis available at the pier, as I have read that airlines like you to check in 2.5 - 3 hours before flight? Is this true, for this early in the morning? This would make arrival at airport 3:00am? We would like to do this 6:00am flight as we can get back home in one day. Any later flights its 2 days, with an overnight stop .... any help would be greatly appreciated!

Where is home????

Cato

Yes, Princess will have a xfer that will meet your schedule. Expect to leave the ship around 3 AM.

The airport closes overnight at Venice, so it would not be open more than two hours before your flight.

Thanks everyone! We are from PE, Canada so nice to be able to leave so early in the morning, to get back home the same day and not have to over night anywhere.

Glad to hear its not a problem for people who choose to leave the ship this early.:D

Just wondering if you booked a Princess transfer for 4:00am, or did you get to the airport on your own, and if so did you take water or land taxi? How long did it take you from the time you left the ship to reach the airport?

Since the ships are located at the edge of Venice, taxis or buses can drive there. It's much easier to get from the ships to the airport, than from a Venetian hotel to the airport!

Unless you pre-book a taxi for 4 AM, I would not count on any being at the cruise terminal at that time.

To use a bus (assuming they are running at that hour) you would first have to make your way to Piazza Roma with your luggage. (The Peoplemover does not open until 7 AM (8 AM on Sundays)).

Thanks for the heads up, we will pre-book a taxi to meet us for a 4am pick up!:eek:

thanks

Shelley

Before you book check what time the airport opens. They expect you to be there when the airport opens if it is an early flight which might mean a little less than the usual 3 hrs.

Archived